THAILAND/GERMANY: ZF opens axle plant in Rayong
ZF Friedrichshafen has officially opened its new plant in Rayong, Thailand. Regional subsidiary ZF Lemforder (Thailand) makes axle systems for passenger cars at the facility.
ZF has had a presence in Thailand for nine years and has managed to substantially expand its market share over this period. Last year sales in the country exceeded EUR47m (US$60m), with the figure forecast to increase to around EUR70m by 2014.
"That is a very pleasing development, which we can successfully build upon with the increased production capacity we now have," said Reinhard Buhl, chassis technology chief. "In this important emerging market, we intend to position ourselves well with production facilities."
With the relocation to the new plant, which is situated on the Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate, around 25 kilometres from the existing location, ZF has doubled its production area in Thailand to 7,000 sq m; additional scope for expansion is still available at the site. 135 employees have been manufacturing axle systems for Thailand and the region of Asia-Pacific at the new facility since April.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive turbocharger sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repo...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Electric Power Steering market to grow at a CAGR of 13.44 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the i...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
The analysts who wrote this report forecast the Global Automotive Transmission Systems market to grow at a CAGR of 5.1 percent over the period 2011-2015. One of the key factors contributing to this ma...
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW i8
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda CR-V facelift
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- Ford lowers 2014 pre-tax profit outlook
- JLR to start Brazil assembly with Discovery Sport?
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report