THAILAND/GERMANY: ZF opens axle plant in Rayong
ZF Friedrichshafen has officially opened its new plant in Rayong, Thailand. Regional subsidiary ZF Lemforder (Thailand) makes axle systems for passenger cars at the facility.
ZF has had a presence in Thailand for nine years and has managed to substantially expand its market share over this period. Last year sales in the country exceeded EUR47m (US$60m), with the figure forecast to increase to around EUR70m by 2014.
"That is a very pleasing development, which we can successfully build upon with the increased production capacity we now have," said Reinhard Buhl, chassis technology chief. "In this important emerging market, we intend to position ourselves well with production facilities."
With the relocation to the new plant, which is situated on the Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate, around 25 kilometres from the existing location, ZF has doubled its production area in Thailand to 7,000 sq m; additional scope for expansion is still available at the site. 135 employees have been manufacturing axle systems for Thailand and the region of Asia-Pacific at the new facility since April.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive turbocharger sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repo...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Electric Power Steering market to grow at a CAGR of 13.44 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the i...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
This report has been prepared based on an in-depth analysis of the autoof the market with inputs from industry experts. It also covers the global auto components market landscape and its growth prospe...
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The August harvest...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Volvo XC70
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- Volvo Cars hails new engineering architecture
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times