THAILAND/GERMANY: ZF opens axle plant in Rayong
ZF Friedrichshafen has officially opened its new plant in Rayong, Thailand. Regional subsidiary ZF Lemforder (Thailand) makes axle systems for passenger cars at the facility.
ZF has had a presence in Thailand for nine years and has managed to substantially expand its market share over this period. Last year sales in the country exceeded EUR47m (US$60m), with the figure forecast to increase to around EUR70m by 2014.
"That is a very pleasing development, which we can successfully build upon with the increased production capacity we now have," said Reinhard Buhl, chassis technology chief. "In this important emerging market, we intend to position ourselves well with production facilities."
With the relocation to the new plant, which is situated on the Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate, around 25 kilometres from the existing location, ZF has doubled its production area in Thailand to 7,000 sq m; additional scope for expansion is still available at the site. 135 employees have been manufacturing axle systems for Thailand and the region of Asia-Pacific at the new facility since April.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive turbocharger sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repo...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Magna International said on Friday sales of US$8.36bn for the first quarter ended 31 March, 2013, were up 9% year on year as vehicle production increased 1% in North America and fell 9% in Europe....
Motors and fans supplier, Ebm-papst, has issued a clarion call for the UK to urgently replace its engineer stock as demographics and competing career options take their toll....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- ANALYSIS: Honda's BR-V could be The Next Big Thing
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart & VW Golf updates
- JLR expects "many" of 5,800 Tianjin cars damaged
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030