GERMANY: ZF looks to expand electronics business
ZF Friedrichshafen is planning to strengthen its electronics activities as part of a long-term strategy to boost growth and profits, according to its CEO speaking to a German newspaper.
CEO Stefan Sommer told Handelsblatt that the company will unveil a strategic plan at the end of 2013 which will include the expansion of the product portfolio with electronic components and the improvement of the management structure by 2025.
The company expects to post revenue of about EUR17bn for 2012, but the margin will be below last year's 5.5% due to the polarisation of the market, Sommer told the newspaper.
He also said that ZF expects to grow over the next two years on strong orders and the launch of its transmission plant in the US.
Off over to Opel's tech centre at Dudenhofen (in the forest south east of Frankfurt) to see and try some of the new engines and gearboxes in the works....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive shock absorbers sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use thi...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive steering systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use th...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
ZF Friedrichshafen has posted full-year 2012 sales of EUR17.4bn (US$22.6bn), although operating profit fell 19% to EUR687m....
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- Infrastructure and logistics make Brazil costly
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029