SOUTH KOREA: Watchdog investigates importers
South Korea's antitrust watchdog has launched an investigation into four major foreign car importers for alleged unfair practices, according to the Maeil Business Newspaper.
The newspaper reported that the Korea Fair Trade Commission (KFTC) sent officials into the companies to look into whether they had used their dominant position over local dealers to distort car prices and to see whether this affected the price of parts or services.
The KFTC conducted written investigations into the foreign car importers early last year, the report added.
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
Germany has until next Monday (19 August) to satisfy the European Commission (EC) it will conform to its refrigerant directive, with Brussels dangling the possibility it may launch "appropriate infrin...
Net profit at Mercedes Benz RUS, a Russian unit of Daimler, increased 36% year on year to RUB3.078bn rubles in the first half of 2013, the company said....
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- ANALYSIS: Kia 'thinks globally, acts locally'
- ANALYSIS: New Corsa VXR & future Opels/Vauxhalls
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- Ricardo opens Vehicle Emissions Research Centre
- North America boosts Ford Q2 profits
- Škoda plans summer factory expansion, maintenance
- General Motors' $1bn plan includes Halol closure
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030