UK: VW's Skoda sets half year sales record
Best selling model was the Fabia with 11,657 sales followed by the Yeti (4,877).
Brand director Alasdair Stewart said: "These figures show how strong the Skoda brand has become in the UK."
- Record first six months from January to June
- More than 32,000 registrations year to date
- Strong June performance with 6,361 cars sold
Milton Keynes, 9 July 2013: ŠKODA UK has enjoyed the most successful six months in its history with more than 32,000 registrations. ŠKODA's best-selling model in the UK continues to be the Fabia, with total registrations for the first six months of 11,657. The Fabia is followed by multi-award-winning Yeti, which notched up 4,877 sales in the same period.
The impressive six-month total was boosted by a strong June sales performance. Fabia registrations hit 1,783, while the Octavia recorded 1,343 sales. Yeti also enjoyed a great month with 1,025 registrations.
Commenting on the record figures, Alasdair Stewart, Brand Director for ŠKODA UK said: "These figures show how strong the ŠKODA brand has become in the UK. We're delighted that so many drivers are choosing to buy ŠKODA. Our range is now broader than ever, while our retailer network is continuing to flourish. We have some very exciting new products in the pipeline that we can't wait to get into showrooms later this year."
UK registrations in detail:
|June 2013||Januay to June 2013|
*Figure includes A5 and new A7 model
Original source: via headlineauto
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
Plastic Omnium has inaugurated a development centre for its exterior parts business in the Chinese city of Anting, thirty kilometres from Shanghai....
- VW’s crisis and the changed world of corporate PR
- ANALYSIS: Mazda humiliates Toyota in Germany
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Range Rover Evoque Brazil build
- Q&A: Hella on tomorrow’s ADAS cameras and sensors
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Audi S8 & future models
- SWEDEN: Volvo S60 a victim of XC90's success
- ADAS seeing ‘unprecedented growth'
- Volkswagen board slashes investment EUR1bn a year
- Ford announces $1.8bn China R&D spend
- VW withdraws most 2016 US diesels
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030