GERMANY: VW workers set for EUR7,200 bonus
Volkswagen employees covered by collective bargaining agreements are to receive a performance-related bonus of EUR7,200 gross. This amount is the result of negotiations between the works council chairmen of the Brunswick, Emden, Hanover, Kassel, Salzgitter and Wolfsburg plants and the management board.
HR chief Horst Neumann said: “This bonus is the result of hard work and is well-earned. It is the well-deserved participation of employees in our success. In 2012, the Volkswagen team once again did outstanding work and every member of our workforce will benefit from the achievements of the team.”
He said the objective in the upcoming pay negotiations would be to maintain a balance between a fair basic salary, competitiveness and safeguarding jobs.
Neumann cautioned: “The situation is becoming more difficult. In southern Europe, the consequences of the financialfinancial crisis have not yet been overcome and competition is becoming increasingly tough.”
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Volkswagen will launch a special Bluemotion low emissions version of the Caddy van and MPV at the Frankfurt motor show....
Volkswagen Group is expected to announce a EUR200m (us$268.5m) investment to build a car plant in Indonesia, according to a government minister....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
Volkswagen Group sales worldwide from January to July 2013 rose by 5.1% year on year to 5.45m. July sales were up 3.2% to 757,700....
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Yes, some car companies do good things – COMMENT
- Integrated Canadian test cells impress OEMs
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Chinese explosion, investments, lower JLR profit
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030