GERMANY: VW workers set for EUR7,200 bonus
Volkswagen employees covered by collective bargaining agreements are to receive a performance-related bonus of EUR7,200 gross. This amount is the result of negotiations between the works council chairmen of the Brunswick, Emden, Hanover, Kassel, Salzgitter and Wolfsburg plants and the management board.
HR chief Horst Neumann said: “This bonus is the result of hard work and is well-earned. It is the well-deserved participation of employees in our success. In 2012, the Volkswagen team once again did outstanding work and every member of our workforce will benefit from the achievements of the team.”
He said the objective in the upcoming pay negotiations would be to maintain a balance between a fair basic salary, competitiveness and safeguarding jobs.
Neumann cautioned: “The situation is becoming more difficult. In southern Europe, the consequences of the financialfinancial crisis have not yet been overcome and competition is becoming increasingly tough.”
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Volkswagen will launch a special Bluemotion low emissions version of the Caddy van and MPV at the Frankfurt motor show....
Volkswagen Group is expected to announce a EUR200m (us$268.5m) investment to build a car plant in Indonesia, according to a government minister....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
Volkswagen Group sales worldwide from January to July 2013 rose by 5.1% year on year to 5.45m. July sales were up 3.2% to 757,700....
- Briefing: Supplier industry financial review
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- INTERVIEW: Alain Uyttenhoven, Head of Lexus Europe
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- Tesla and BMW in battery talks - reports
- INDIA: Datsun horror inspires national crash tests
- 2014 GUANGZHOU SHOW: World premieres list
- Jaguar Land Rover named "most trustworthy OEM"
- BMW tests Google Glass eyewear for quality checks