GERMANY: VW plans temporary halts at Emden
Volkswagen plans further temporary halts in Passat production in Germany because of weak demand in Europe.
The company said it will assembly lines at its Emden plant on 8, 15 and 22 Feb plus 1 March while continuing to monitor the market situation in Europe.
VW assembles about 1,200 vehicles a day at Emden, where it makes the sedan, wagon and four-door coupe variants of the Passat. The company also stopped the lines at the factory Emden between 17-21 December.
The carmaker sold 207,273 Passats in Europe last year, down 15.5% on 2011, according to market researcher JATO Dynamics.
However, VW said last week that it would add three Saturday shifts to its main Wolfsburg manufacturing plant to meet strong demand for the new Golf and Tiguan models.
The additional shifts will enable VW to build an extra 2,000 Golfs, helping to meet 100,000 orders for Europe's top-selling model.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Drowsiness Monitors in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World....
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
The Toyota group sold 4.91m units in the first half of 2013, making it the world's top car seller in the period for the second straight year....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Honda changes air bag supplier from Takata
- Hoegh Osaka due back in Southampton at 17:00 GMT
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029