GERMANY: VW plans temporary halts at Emden
Volkswagen plans further temporary halts in Passat production in Germany because of weak demand in Europe.
The company said it will assembly lines at its Emden plant on 8, 15 and 22 Feb plus 1 March while continuing to monitor the market situation in Europe.
VW assembles about 1,200 vehicles a day at Emden, where it makes the sedan, wagon and four-door coupe variants of the Passat. The company also stopped the lines at the factory Emden between 17-21 December.
The carmaker sold 207,273 Passats in Europe last year, down 15.5% on 2011, according to market researcher JATO Dynamics.
However, VW said last week that it would add three Saturday shifts to its main Wolfsburg manufacturing plant to meet strong demand for the new Golf and Tiguan models.
The additional shifts will enable VW to build an extra 2,000 Golfs, helping to meet 100,000 orders for Europe's top-selling model.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
The Toyota group sold 4.91m units in the first half of 2013, making it the world's top car seller in the period for the second straight year....
Nemak, an aluminium auto parts producing unit of Mexico's Alfa conglomerate, based in Monterrey, is building a plant to supply Volkswagen in Russia....
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- Europe diesel forecasts revised down
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- PSA Peugeot Citroen CEO Carlos Tavares interview
- COMMENT: Where will VW 'emissionsgate' end?
- Prosecutors u-turn on Winterkorn probe
- Volkswagen UK recalls 1.2m group diesels
- Tesla starts Model X deliveries
- New VW CEO replaces PR chief
- China cuts purchase tax on cars
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE glazing market- forecasts to 2030