SLOVAKIA: VW completes new press hall construction
Volkswagen Slovakia has completed the construction phase of its new press hall.
The spend of EUR90m will create about 100 jobs once it is completed, local news agency SITA reported.
"This will be the first press in an automobile factory in Slovakia that will press not only steel but also aluminum sheets," said local VW chairman Albrecht Reimold. The new press shops will produce side panels, bonnets, tailgates and boot lids, roofs, fenders and doors.
The 19,000 sq m shop will have production capacity of about 19,000 parts when ready at the end of 2013. Construction began at the end of October 2011.
Volkswagen Slovakia has operated for over twenty years and, since 1991, has produced over 3m vehicles. It now employs over 8,400 people.
The factory the Volkswagen Touareg and up!, Audi Q7, Skoda Citigo and Mii and Porsche Cayenne bodies. In Martin it makes gearboxes and chassis and transmission components and, in Kosice, vehicles are prepared for export to Russia.
In 2011, Volkswagen Slovakia produced more than 210,000 vehicles. The company's turnover last year reached EUR5.19bn. Almost all its output is exported.
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
We live in strange times. As Fisker, a rival with supposedly superior range-extending technology falls apart, the value of Tesla rises yet again, this time by almost two percent on Wednesday to US$9.7...
Although the Chinese car market is expected to see growth of around 10% this year, prospects for premium brands have deteriorated as a result of the Chinese government's anti-corruption campaign, acco...
Volkswagen's joint venture with Shanghai Automotive has broken ground for a 300,000-unit plant in Changsha in the province of Hunan, south-central China....
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- Infrastructure and logistics make Brazil costly
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)