SLOVAKIA: VW completes new press hall construction
Volkswagen Slovakia has completed the construction phase of its new press hall.
The spend of EUR90m will create about 100 jobs once it is completed, local news agency SITA reported.
"This will be the first press in an automobile factory in Slovakia that will press not only steel but also aluminum sheets," said local VW chairman Albrecht Reimold. The new press shops will produce side panels, bonnets, tailgates and boot lids, roofs, fenders and doors.
The 19,000 sq m shop will have production capacity of about 19,000 parts when ready at the end of 2013. Construction began at the end of October 2011.
Volkswagen Slovakia has operated for over twenty years and, since 1991, has produced over 3m vehicles. It now employs over 8,400 people.
The factory the Volkswagen Touareg and up!, Audi Q7, Skoda Citigo and Mii and Porsche Cayenne bodies. In Martin it makes gearboxes and chassis and transmission components and, in Kosice, vehicles are prepared for export to Russia.
In 2011, Volkswagen Slovakia produced more than 210,000 vehicles. The company's turnover last year reached EUR5.19bn. Almost all its output is exported.
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
We live in strange times. As Fisker, a rival with supposedly superior range-extending technology falls apart, the value of Tesla rises yet again, this time by almost two percent on Wednesday to US$9.7...
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
Although the Chinese car market is expected to see growth of around 10% this year, prospects for premium brands have deteriorated as a result of the Chinese government's anti-corruption campaign, acco...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: The UK's Scotland and EU parallels
- INTERVIEW: Paul Philpott, Kia UK President and CEO
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- PARIS DEBUTS: Renault Clio Initiale Paris
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- Lotus to restructure and up to 325 jobs could go
- GM Holden starts axing engineers - report
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn