CHINA: VW China in gearbox recall
Volkswagen in China will recall 384,181 vehicles to fix a gearbox problem.
The recall, which will start on April 2, covers some Passat, Sagitar, Golf, Touran and other models made at Volkswagen's China ventures as well as some imported models, including an unspecified number of Audi A3 cars built between February 2010 and June 2011, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of China said in a statement on its website.]]
The statement added that VW and its partners will "replace the existing gearboxes with improved ones and upgrade the controlling software to the latest version for Volkswagen car owners to eliminate safety concerns."
The recall comes following some criticism of VW on China's state-run TV in which VW transmissions were said to exeperience power problems.
"In isolated cases, an electronic malfunction in the control unit or a lack of oil pressure inside the gearbox mechatronics may result in a power interruption," Volkswagen said in a statement.
"The most important vehicle systems, such as steering and braking, along with other relevant systems will not be affected," the VW statement said.
Far away from all the usual biannual September hype emanating from the Messe in Frankfurt, those of us back at the ranch have been keeping an eye on another mess - ongoing industrial strife in South A...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
Volkswagen Group has sold over 6m vehicles in the first eight months of a year for the first time....
Volkswagen's factory in Tennessee could become the first foreign run plant to have its workers officially represented by the United Auto Workers (UAW) union, according to the German business daily Han...
Volkswagen may launch commercial vehicles in the United States in future, as part of steps to expand its core brand in the world's second largest vehicle market....
Daimler expects profit margin at its Mercedes-Benz luxury car business to improve further next year thanks to a rejuvenated model range, its chief executive told Reuters in Frankfurt....
Increased electrification of the car is inevitable, but it will be two or three decades before we start to see the demise of the internal combustion engine, said the man responsible for research at Da...
Hyundai Motor Group's latest plans to set up its own dealer network in Mexico is fueling speculation that the carmaker may be moving closer to building its third North American assembly plant in Mexic...
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- PARIS DEBUTS: Peugeot Quartz concept
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn