SWEDEN: Volvo Group's truck deliveries down 8% in October
Volvo Group has reported truck deliveries down 8% year-on-year for the month of October.
Total Volvo Group truck sales for the first ten month of the year stand at 185,644 units, 3% down on last year.
Deliveries of Volvo branded trucks in October decreased by 10% to 10,051 vehicles compared with the same month last year. In Europe, deliveries of Volvo brand trucks decreased by 6% to 4,350 units compared to October last year. Volvo said that the current slowdown in economic activity and uncertainty about the future business climate in the region is clearly having a negative impact on demand for trucks. Decisions have been made to lower production of Volvo trucks in Europe by removing shifts and using stop days for the remainder of the year to meet the lower demand seen in the third quarter.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
Despite strong developing competition, Volvo continues to lead in the car safety technologies. Continued work on the improvement of quality and reliability, and above all the safety of users makes the...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
After leading the successful expansion of Porsche in China since 2007, Helmut Bröker is to take over as head of the region covering the Middle East, Africa, India, South-East Asia, Australia/New Zeala...
Volvo Cars has reported a break-even result for 2012 with a full-year operating income of SEK18m (US$2.8m) despite economic uncertainty in Europe which significantly impacted sales and earnings. This ...
Volvo Car Group has completed extensive testing of kinetic flywheel technology on public roads - and the results, it claims, confirm that this is a light, cheap and eco-efficient solution....
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- GENEVA DEBUTS: McLaren 675 Longtail
- Ford 2014 operating profit plunges $2.3bn
- Honda changes air bag supplier from Takata
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle HVAC market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029