SWEDEN: Volvo Group's truck deliveries down 8% in October
Volvo Group has reported truck deliveries down 8% year-on-year for the month of October.
Total Volvo Group truck sales for the first ten month of the year stand at 185,644 units, 3% down on last year.
Deliveries of Volvo branded trucks in October decreased by 10% to 10,051 vehicles compared with the same month last year. In Europe, deliveries of Volvo brand trucks decreased by 6% to 4,350 units compared to October last year. Volvo said that the current slowdown in economic activity and uncertainty about the future business climate in the region is clearly having a negative impact on demand for trucks. Decisions have been made to lower production of Volvo trucks in Europe by removing shifts and using stop days for the remainder of the year to meet the lower demand seen in the third quarter.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
Despite strong developing competition, Volvo continues to lead in the car safety technologies. Continued work on the improvement of quality and reliability, and above all the safety of users makes the...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
After leading the successful expansion of Porsche in China since 2007, Helmut Bröker is to take over as head of the region covering the Middle East, Africa, India, South-East Asia, Australia/New Zeala...
Volvo Cars has reported a break-even result for 2012 with a full-year operating income of SEK18m (US$2.8m) despite economic uncertainty in Europe which significantly impacted sales and earnings. This ...
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia Optima diesel hybrid concept
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays