SWEDEN: Volvo Group's truck deliveries down 8% in October
Volvo Group has reported truck deliveries down 8% year-on-year for the month of October.
Total Volvo Group truck sales for the first ten month of the year stand at 185,644 units, 3% down on last year.
Deliveries of Volvo branded trucks in October decreased by 10% to 10,051 vehicles compared with the same month last year. In Europe, deliveries of Volvo brand trucks decreased by 6% to 4,350 units compared to October last year. Volvo said that the current slowdown in economic activity and uncertainty about the future business climate in the region is clearly having a negative impact on demand for trucks. Decisions have been made to lower production of Volvo trucks in Europe by removing shifts and using stop days for the remainder of the year to meet the lower demand seen in the third quarter.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
Despite strong developing competition, Volvo continues to lead in the car safety technologies. Continued work on the improvement of quality and reliability, and above all the safety of users makes the...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
After leading the successful expansion of Porsche in China since 2007, Helmut Bröker is to take over as head of the region covering the Middle East, Africa, India, South-East Asia, Australia/New Zeala...
Volvo Cars has reported a break-even result for 2012 with a full-year operating income of SEK18m (US$2.8m) despite economic uncertainty in Europe which significantly impacted sales and earnings. This ...
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- COMMENT: Has ZF fired M&A starting gun with TRW?
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Nissan learns from India mistakes
- Fiat denies merger talks with VW
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- New Cars: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018