INDIA: Volvo Eicher spending US$53m on plant expansion
Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles (VECV) is planning to spend INR2.88bn (US$53m) at its Pithampur plant in Madhya Pradesh to expand and increase production capacity.
Expansion will make room for manufacture and assembly of the new medium duty engine which will be offered in Volvo trucks and buses worldwide, the Economic Times reported, citing VECV CEO Vinod Aggarwal.
Engine production capacity will be increased from 60,000 now to 160,000 units by 2016-17.
Truck Manufacturing in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016)...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global diesel technologies sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
Car Manufacturing in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). ...
Commercial Vehicle Group's Indian unit, CVG Seating (India) has acquired seat assembly assets of Vijayjyot Seats which has three leased facilities in the Baska (State of Gujarat), Pune (State of Mahar...
Volvo Car is testing a new fast-charger for electric cars that cuts recharging time to 1.5 hours....
Volvo Car Corporation has reported a fall of almost 6% in retail sales in the first 10 months of the year although it added that the decline is levelling off....
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- COMMENT: Russian auto jitters in Crimea poker
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- Jaguar recruits Beckham as China brand ambassador
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- Geely to axe domestic brands
- Tata mulls platform collaboration with Chery
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028