INDIA: Volvo Eicher spending US$53m on plant expansion
Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles (VECV) is planning to spend INR2.88bn (US$53m) at its Pithampur plant in Madhya Pradesh to expand and increase production capacity.
Expansion will make room for manufacture and assembly of the new medium duty engine which will be offered in Volvo trucks and buses worldwide, the Economic Times reported, citing VECV CEO Vinod Aggarwal.
Engine production capacity will be increased from 60,000 now to 160,000 units by 2016-17.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global diesel technologies sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
New to QUBE in the last quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle Engine technologies sector, major suppliers, top markets, te...
Commercial Vehicle Group's Indian unit, CVG Seating (India) has acquired seat assembly assets of Vijayjyot Seats which has three leased facilities in the Baska (State of Gujarat), Pune (State of Mahar...
Volvo Car is testing a new fast-charger for electric cars that cuts recharging time to 1.5 hours....
Volvo Car Corporation has reported a fall of almost 6% in retail sales in the first 10 months of the year although it added that the decline is levelling off....
MAN, the Munich-based truck maker majority owned by Volkswagen, has joined rivals, including Volvo and Daimler, in predicting that Europe's truck market will stagnate next year....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Japan's carmakers bring home foreign-made models
- GM sued for $10bn over losses on 27m recalled cars
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)