UK: Unite recommends deal to avoid strike action at JLR
UK labour body, Unite, is recommending its members accept a settlement to end the dispute with DHL and other agencies providing services to Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), in a move that could avert industrial action.
The row centres around pay demands and although Unite is not specifying any wage settlement detail, its backing of a deal for agencies including DHL Supply Chain, considerably defuses the potential for any walk-out.
"After a year of tough negotiations, we now have a settlement Unite can recommend to its members," said Unite executive officer, Tony Woodley.
"This is a significant deal which finally gives equality of pay across the board to thousands of people who have been working for four companies providing services to JLR. It also means over 600 agency workers will be made permanent with DHL.
"Unite's joint negotiating committee is unanimously recommending the settlement to the members who will vote in the next two weeks."
The employers involved in the negotiations were: DHL, NAC, Staffline and Milestones.
Any industrial action could have seen major disruption at JLR's Castle Bromwich, Solihull and Hams Hall plants,.
Neither Jaguar Land Rover or DHL Supply Chain were immediately available for comment.
Jaguar Land Rover has proved itself to be a strong and stable business in spite of the economic downturn, with good sales results in both developing and developed markets. Despite some difficult years...
Truck Manufacturing in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and foreca...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive electrical wiring (EDS) sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global diesel technologies sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia Optima diesel hybrid concept
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn