UK: Unite recommends deal to avoid strike action at JLR
UK labour body, Unite, is recommending its members accept a settlement to end the dispute with DHL and other agencies providing services to Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), in a move that could avert industrial action.
The row centres around pay demands and although Unite is not specifying any wage settlement detail, its backing of a deal for agencies including DHL Supply Chain, considerably defuses the potential for any walk-out.
"After a year of tough negotiations, we now have a settlement Unite can recommend to its members," said Unite executive officer, Tony Woodley.
"This is a significant deal which finally gives equality of pay across the board to thousands of people who have been working for four companies providing services to JLR. It also means over 600 agency workers will be made permanent with DHL.
"Unite's joint negotiating committee is unanimously recommending the settlement to the members who will vote in the next two weeks."
The employers involved in the negotiations were: DHL, NAC, Staffline and Milestones.
Any industrial action could have seen major disruption at JLR's Castle Bromwich, Solihull and Hams Hall plants,.
Neither Jaguar Land Rover or DHL Supply Chain were immediately available for comment.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive electrical wiring (EDS) sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive starter motor and alternator sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forec...
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global 4WD and AWD sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gai...
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- Briefing: Active safety systems
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- Infrastructure and logistics make Brazil costly
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)