UK: Unite recommends deal to avoid strike action at JLR
UK labour body, Unite, is recommending its members accept a settlement to end the dispute with DHL and other agencies providing services to Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), in a move that could avert industrial action.
The row centres around pay demands and although Unite is not specifying any wage settlement detail, its backing of a deal for agencies including DHL Supply Chain, considerably defuses the potential for any walk-out.
"After a year of tough negotiations, we now have a settlement Unite can recommend to its members," said Unite executive officer, Tony Woodley.
"This is a significant deal which finally gives equality of pay across the board to thousands of people who have been working for four companies providing services to JLR. It also means over 600 agency workers will be made permanent with DHL.
"Unite's joint negotiating committee is unanimously recommending the settlement to the members who will vote in the next two weeks."
The employers involved in the negotiations were: DHL, NAC, Staffline and Milestones.
Any industrial action could have seen major disruption at JLR's Castle Bromwich, Solihull and Hams Hall plants,.
Neither Jaguar Land Rover or DHL Supply Chain were immediately available for comment.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive electrical wiring (EDS) sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive starter motor and alternator sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forec...
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global 4WD and AWD sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gai...
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Yes, some car companies do good things – COMMENT
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030