UK: Unite recommends deal to avoid strike action at JLR
UK labour body, Unite, is recommending its members accept a settlement to end the dispute with DHL and other agencies providing services to Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), in a move that could avert industrial action.
The row centres around pay demands and although Unite is not specifying any wage settlement detail, its backing of a deal for agencies including DHL Supply Chain, considerably defuses the potential for any walk-out.
"After a year of tough negotiations, we now have a settlement Unite can recommend to its members," said Unite executive officer, Tony Woodley.
"This is a significant deal which finally gives equality of pay across the board to thousands of people who have been working for four companies providing services to JLR. It also means over 600 agency workers will be made permanent with DHL.
"Unite's joint negotiating committee is unanimously recommending the settlement to the members who will vote in the next two weeks."
The employers involved in the negotiations were: DHL, NAC, Staffline and Milestones.
Any industrial action could have seen major disruption at JLR's Castle Bromwich, Solihull and Hams Hall plants,.
Neither Jaguar Land Rover or DHL Supply Chain were immediately available for comment.
Jaguar Land Rover has proved itself to be a strong and stable business in spite of the economic downturn, with good sales results in both developing and developed markets. Despite some difficult years...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive electrical wiring (EDS) sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global diesel technologies sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive starter motor and alternator sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forec...
- ANALYSIS: Hyundai axes Veloster, goes after Toyota
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Another year races by
- Review of 2014 (1)
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 2
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 1
- Punch Genk offer "missed opportunity": Mayor
- Genk mayor organises "loudest shift" as Ford exits
- Pay deal lifts strike threat at Jaguar Land Rover
- PSA UK announces new senior management structure
- Sales suspended as ruble crisis bites
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cells 2015-2025: Forecasts, Technologies, Markets
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global automotive OE lighting market- forecasts to 2029