FRANCE: Union hails Renault-Caterham Alpine JV to secure Dieppe jobs
France's CFE-CGC union has welcomed the announcement by Renault and Caterham to jointly develop Alpine sports vehicles at the French automaker's Dieppe site, securing at least 300 jobs.
The Alpine plant in Dieppe currently builds vehicles developed by Renault Sport Technologies both production - Clio RS - and racing models. The Dieppe site, built in 1969, is the home of the Alpine brand which produced models such as the Berlinette.
"In the present gloom in which the French automobile industry finds itself, not only with PSA, but also with Renault with significant falls in market share, it is pleasing for CFE-CGC Renault to be given this news," said a union statement.
"On a social level, this announcement can only make the Dieppe staff happy after several years of uncertainty about the continuation of the plant and jobs. It is also a good sign sent to the region for small and medium enterprises, which will have the possibility to become involved in development and production of this new product."
Any new models could appear within four years, while the Caterham Group will own a 50% stake in the Automobiles Alpine Renault company, currently 100 % held by Renault SAS. The Société des Automobiles Alpine Caterham, which will result from this partnership, will be set up in January, 2013.
The project, which Renault says ensures the Dieppe Plant has a "sustainable future," was aided by "substantial support" from the French State and the Région Haute Normandie, which also involved the contribution of Dieppe Maritime.
PSA Peugeot Citroen recently inked a partnership with Agromash Holding, for the assembly and distribution of the French automaker's passenger cars and LCVs in Kazakhstan. Simon Warburton was in contac...
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
Car Manufacturing in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
As the middle of the year gets closer, the the European automotive marketplace isn't getting any easier. By last year, Western Europe's car market had lost 3m units since its 2007 peak (a heady 14.8m...
Car Manufacturing in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
Results season - Q1 2013, Q4/fiscal year 2012/3, etc. We disappear under a mountain of figures and you get it all neatly sliced, diced and packaged here. Enjoy....
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: world debuts list updated
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Tata restructuring production at all plants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028