CHINA: Umicore to build heavy duty diesel catalysts plant
Umicore says it will build a production facility in China for automotive catalysts used in heavy duty diesel (HDD) vehicles.
The new site is close to Umicore's existing automotive catalysts plant and technology development centre in the Suzhou Industrial Park and is planned to be operational in early 2014.
It will produce Selective Catalytic Reduction systems (SCR) for Nox after-treatment for the new China IV emission standards, which will come into force in July, 2013.
The Chinese HDD market is the largest in the world in number of vehicles, with annual production of more than 2m units
"This investment demonstrates our commitment to further serve the growing Chinese emission control market," said Umicore Asia Pacific automotive catalysts business senior vice president, Jörg von Roden.
"Combined with our recently-opened technology development centre in Suzhou, we can now offer a full range of automotive catalyst development and production services in China for both the light duty and heavy duty market."
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Minding the shop
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- COMMENT: No wizards needed at US$100 a barrel
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: WRX & Subaru's SGP architecture
- ANALYSIS: Thailand targets EVs for future growth
- JLR in talks for Eastern Europe plant
- Magna Steyr to build vehicles for JLR
- New Honda chief sets out vision
- Ford’s ‘significantly enhanced’ EcoSport on sale
- Goal of 75g CO2 achievable: Valeo R&D
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global In-vehicle Entertainment and Information Systems Market 2015-2019