CHINA: Umicore to build heavy duty diesel catalysts plant
Umicore says it will build a production facility in China for automotive catalysts used in heavy duty diesel (HDD) vehicles.
The new site is close to Umicore's existing automotive catalysts plant and technology development centre in the Suzhou Industrial Park and is planned to be operational in early 2014.
It will produce Selective Catalytic Reduction systems (SCR) for Nox after-treatment for the new China IV emission standards, which will come into force in July, 2013.
The Chinese HDD market is the largest in the world in number of vehicles, with annual production of more than 2m units
"This investment demonstrates our commitment to further serve the growing Chinese emission control market," said Umicore Asia Pacific automotive catalysts business senior vice president, Jörg von Roden.
"Combined with our recently-opened technology development centre in Suzhou, we can now offer a full range of automotive catalyst development and production services in China for both the light duty and heavy duty market."
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Toyota's FCV cometh
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- Kia UK MD on how to raise brand pricing
- Q&A: Kia MD sees 100,000 sales in UK
- VA: Minnow Mitsubishi not short on L200 claims
- JCI confirms auto exit as supplier eddies swirl
- Mitsubishi ending US production
- FCA to recall 1,060,531 Ram trucks
- Fiat Chrysler cops record penalty from NHTSA
- FRANKFURT DEBUTS LIST: Ferrari 488 Spider added
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030