GERMANY: Truckmaker confident of increased sales
Daimler Trucks plans to increase sales this year despite the market downturn in Europe.
Chief executive Andreas Renschler said: he expects business to grow, particularly in the second half of 2013 with a good chance that higher sales could be achieved providing the euro zone crisis does not flare up again.
He declined to give a more specific sales forecast but said the truckmaker had sold as many vehicles between January and November 2012 as it had in the whole of 2011 when it sold 425,800 trucks.
Quarterly results season is with is again with some passable numbers from the biggies already in and more to come. As usual, we have grouped the coverage together in one handy spot....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Daimler is to take a stake of up to 5% in Aston Martin as part of a technical tie-up between the British sports car maker and AMG, the performance division of Mercedes-Benz....
A French court has ordered the government to allow sales of Daimler's Mercedes-Benz models to resume, an official at the Versailles Administrative Tribunal said on Thursday....
A EUR3.2bn one-off boost from the sale of the remaining EADS shares resulted in Daimler Q2 earnings significantly higher than Q2 2012 and than the market expected....
Environmental lobby group, Greenpeace has come down firmly on the side of Daimler as the stand-off between France and Germany concerning the use of r134a refrigerant shows no sign of being resolved....
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- Briefing: GM's OnStar system planned for Europe
- A LOOK AROUND: Honda Swindon plant for Civic duty
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- No future for long range EVs - Toyota engineer
- Ford confirms $2.5bn Mexican factory spend
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029