INDONESIA: Toyota to spend US$2.7bn in Indonesia
Toyota Motor plans to spend up to IDR26 trillion (US$2.7bn) to expand its manufacturing operations in Indonesia over the next four years.
The announcement was made after a high level meeting held in Jakarta with the Indonesian government and top executives of Toyota Motor Corporation, including global president and CEO Akio Toyoda, and Daihatsu Motor Corporation, including president Koichi Ina.
A significant part of the investment will be directed towards expanding and strengthening the OE and aftermarket component supply chain, benefiting both domestic and export markets. A stronger and improved supply chain will allow the two brands to improve quality and increase car exports to markets across the region.
Industry minister M S Hidayat said Toyota was looking to export up over 30% of output, from 15% currently.
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
US-based electric car maker Tesla Motors has posted its first ever quarterly profit in the first quarter as it also said it exceeded its target for deliveries....
Toyota Boshoku has concluded an agreement to establish a joint venture in Pakistan with Pakistani automotive component maker, Thal, and Toyota Tsusho....
Toyota Motor Corporation boosted full fiscal year operating income from JPY355.6bn to JPY1.32 trillion, an increase of JPY965.2bn. Net income rose from JPY283.5bn to JPY962.1bn on sales up 18.7% to J...
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The year is flying by...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Defender
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: It's good news week....
- Regulator fines Deloitte over MG Rover failures
- Shanghai show debuts list updated
- GERMANY: Mazda outsells Nissan as Qashqai crashes
- JLR automates priority warranty parts returns
- EXCLUSIVE UK: New platform key to Honda Civic deal
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029