INDONESIA: Toyota to spend US$2.7bn in Indonesia
Toyota Motor plans to spend up to IDR26 trillion (US$2.7bn) to expand its manufacturing operations in Indonesia over the next four years.
The announcement was made after a high level meeting held in Jakarta with the Indonesian government and top executives of Toyota Motor Corporation, including global president and CEO Akio Toyoda, and Daihatsu Motor Corporation, including president Koichi Ina.
A significant part of the investment will be directed towards expanding and strengthening the OE and aftermarket component supply chain, benefiting both domestic and export markets. A stronger and improved supply chain will allow the two brands to improve quality and increase car exports to markets across the region.
Industry minister M S Hidayat said Toyota was looking to export up over 30% of output, from 15% currently.
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
US-based electric car maker Tesla Motors has posted its first ever quarterly profit in the first quarter as it also said it exceeded its target for deliveries....
Toyota Boshoku has concluded an agreement to establish a joint venture in Pakistan with Pakistani automotive component maker, Thal, and Toyota Tsusho....
Toyota Motor Corporation boosted full fiscal year operating income from JPY355.6bn to JPY1.32 trillion, an increase of JPY965.2bn. Net income rose from JPY283.5bn to JPY962.1bn on sales up 18.7% to J...
- VW's amazing new 1.0-litre Golf engine - Analysis
- What does 'Brexit' mean for the auto sector?
- Toyota finally makes an economical Prius
- Volkswagen’s steady hand on the tiller - Comment
- Monroe riding high on the suspension market
- VW to axe 40 models - report
- Ex-VW CEO Winterkorn under investigation
- Fuel economy scandal pushes MMC deep into red
- NEVS drops Saab as it establishes identity
- Goodwood FoS world premieres - the list (updated)