INDONESIA: Toyota to spend US$2.7bn in Indonesia
Toyota Motor plans to spend up to IDR26 trillion (US$2.7bn) to expand its manufacturing operations in Indonesia over the next four years.
The announcement was made after a high level meeting held in Jakarta with the Indonesian government and top executives of Toyota Motor Corporation, including global president and CEO Akio Toyoda, and Daihatsu Motor Corporation, including president Koichi Ina.
A significant part of the investment will be directed towards expanding and strengthening the OE and aftermarket component supply chain, benefiting both domestic and export markets. A stronger and improved supply chain will allow the two brands to improve quality and increase car exports to markets across the region.
Industry minister M S Hidayat said Toyota was looking to export up over 30% of output, from 15% currently.
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
US-based electric car maker Tesla Motors has posted its first ever quarterly profit in the first quarter as it also said it exceeded its target for deliveries....
Toyota Boshoku has concluded an agreement to establish a joint venture in Pakistan with Pakistani automotive component maker, Thal, and Toyota Tsusho....
Toyota Motor Corporation boosted full fiscal year operating income from JPY355.6bn to JPY1.32 trillion, an increase of JPY965.2bn. Net income rose from JPY283.5bn to JPY962.1bn on sales up 18.7% to J...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report