US: Toyota to ship Venza to Russia and Ukraine
Toyota will start exporting US-assembled Venza vehicles to Russia and Ukraine this year.
The shipments are expected to build upon last year's record export of 124,000 US vehicles to 21 markets, an increase of 45% year on year.
"We are proud that Toyota's U.S. manufacturing operations are continuing to grow as a key supplier of vehicles for global markets, which is only possible thanks to the dedication and high-quality work of our team members here," said Shigeki Terashi, president and COO of Toyota Motor North America. "We expect the export of Venza vehicles to Russia and Ukraine will help further solidify our U.S. manufacturing base."
Once production begins in April 2013, Toyota expects to export approximately 5,000 Venzas to Russia and Ukraine during the first year. These vehicles will be built at the company's Georgetown, Kentucky plant, which employs about 6,600. Georgetown is the company's largest manufacturing facility outside of Japan.
Venza exports to Russia and Ukraine will ship from Brunswick, Georgia.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
The ongoing row over the safety or otherwise of coolant R1234yf has taken a new turn with Toyota Deutschland joining the boycott instigated by Daimler AG's Mercedes-Benz and smart brands....
A 7 September win for the Liberal-National parties coalition in Australia's federal election would lead to General Motors Holden ending manufacturing. So claims Phil Horton, the managing director of B...
Toyota's upmarket Lexus brand will open its first 'brand experience' centre next week (Aug 30) in Tokyo's Aoyama district....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global CNG Vehicles Market 2014-2018