US: Toyota to ship Venza to Russia and Ukraine
Toyota will start exporting US-assembled Venza vehicles to Russia and Ukraine this year.
The shipments are expected to build upon last year's record export of 124,000 US vehicles to 21 markets, an increase of 45% year on year.
"We are proud that Toyota's U.S. manufacturing operations are continuing to grow as a key supplier of vehicles for global markets, which is only possible thanks to the dedication and high-quality work of our team members here," said Shigeki Terashi, president and COO of Toyota Motor North America. "We expect the export of Venza vehicles to Russia and Ukraine will help further solidify our U.S. manufacturing base."
Once production begins in April 2013, Toyota expects to export approximately 5,000 Venzas to Russia and Ukraine during the first year. These vehicles will be built at the company's Georgetown, Kentucky plant, which employs about 6,600. Georgetown is the company's largest manufacturing facility outside of Japan.
Venza exports to Russia and Ukraine will ship from Brunswick, Georgia.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
The ongoing row over the safety or otherwise of coolant R1234yf has taken a new turn with Toyota Deutschland joining the boycott instigated by Daimler AG's Mercedes-Benz and smart brands....
A 7 September win for the Liberal-National parties coalition in Australia's federal election would lead to General Motors Holden ending manufacturing. So claims Phil Horton, the managing director of B...
Toyota's upmarket Lexus brand will open its first 'brand experience' centre next week (Aug 30) in Tokyo's Aoyama district....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
- ANALYSIS: What does TPP mean for autos?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Redesigned Vauxhall (Opel) Astra
- Thailand looks to end first-time buyer overhang
- Aston Martin mulls new factory location
- JLR confirms Brazil plant will assemble Evoque
- LA SHOW: Facelifted Porsche 911 AWD variants
- EXCLUSIVE: Fiat UK returning to C segment in 2016
- VW India issues stop-sale order for Polo
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030