US: Toyota to recall 150,000 Tacomas for spare tyre check
Toyota's US unit is recalling about 150,000 Tacoma trucks originally sold or currently registered in 20 cold climate states and the District of Columbia to inspect and/or replace the spare tyre carrier assembly.
During manufacture, the spare tyre carrier lift plate may not have been sufficiently coated with phosphate and that, combined with prolonged exposure to high road salt use and other environmental factors may contribute to the development of more than normal corrosion on some vehicles, causing it to break and the spare tyre detaching from the vehicle.
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
US-based electric car maker Tesla Motors has posted its first ever quarterly profit in the first quarter as it also said it exceeded its target for deliveries....
Toyota Boshoku has concluded an agreement to establish a joint venture in Pakistan with Pakistani automotive component maker, Thal, and Toyota Tsusho....
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- Autumn facelift beckons for Citroen's Family hit
- Peugeot steps up a gear with new 3008
- THE WEEK - aftermarket player and new products
- General Motors' platform strategy decoded
- Ford recalls 271,000 F-150s for brake job
- Romanian PM asks Ford for more
- UK engine making for local use surges 51% in April
- Toyota and Uber to collaborate
- Mitsubishi restates profit as president quits