CHINA: Toyota to launch new brand
Nissan will add a China-only brand electric vehicle by 2015, the carmaker’s spokesman in the country said.
Speaking on the sidelines of the Guangzhou show, Du Fan said Nissan will launch the Venucia e30 with joint venture partner Dongfeng Motor.
The Japanese carmaker will also start pilot projects in 15 Chinese cities to promote the car jointly with local governments next year.
Nissan is currently promoting its own electric Leaf in Wuhan and the company has already launched two cars under the Venucia badge, D50 and R50, to tap the lower-end of the market now dominated by China's indigenous brands.
Toyota said it will launch two China-only brands developed in partnership with FAW Group and Guangzhou Automobile.
Hiroji Onishi, Toyota's senior managing officer, did not say which venture will roll out its China-only brand first.
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
A new Magneti Marelli Automotive Lighting plant has been opened in Foshan, Guangdong province, in southern China....
Honda will be returning to Formula One in 2015, confirming rumours which have been circulating since the Geneva show in March....
The first production unit of the Q50, Nissan luxury car unit Infiniti's new premium sports sedan has been built at the Tochigi plant....
After its best sales month to date in March and a 423.5% year on year increase in April, Nissan's Leaf EV has passed the 25,000 sales mark in the US....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Daimler restructures cooperation with Tesla
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report