JAPAN: Toyota to keep domestic output at 3m units
Toyota executive vice president Satoshi Ozawa said on Monday the automaker would never change its strategic decision to keep annual domestic production at 3m units.
According to the Nikkei, Ozawa said at least 3m vehicles need to be produced in Japan to protect the country's manufacturing sector. He said that Toyota set its domestic sales and export sales targets at 1.5m vehicles each to ensure that this goal was achieved.
Ozawa said he wanted the automobile acquisition tax and the automobile weight tax to be abolished before the consumption tax was raised.
Toyota, Nissan, Honda, and Mazda are recalling a combined 3.39m vehicles globally, all traced back to an identical problem with the passenger-side airbag supplied by Takata. IHS Automotive analyst Pau...
New Zealand's new commercial vehicle registrations of 2,235 units was the best April result since 1982 when 2,754 were sold, according to the new vehicle trade group....
Mikuni Corporation and Eberspaecher Climate Control Systems have signed a joint venture agreement. Newly established Eberspaecher Mikuni Climate Control Systems Corporation headquartered in Odawara wi...
Volkswagen may cut temporary posts as European car markets continue to weaken although chief executive officer Martin Winterkorn ruled out factory closures or any reduction in permanent workers....
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, TVA and New Albany Light, Gas and Water (NALGW) held a ceremony to start up the plant's new 50 kilowatt solar array....
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- COMMENT: No wizards needed at US$100 a barrel
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- Infrastructure and logistics make Brazil costly
- "Levelling off" continues in China's car market
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029