JAPAN: Toyota to keep domestic output at 3m units
Toyota executive vice president Satoshi Ozawa said on Monday the automaker would never change its strategic decision to keep annual domestic production at 3m units.
According to the Nikkei, Ozawa said at least 3m vehicles need to be produced in Japan to protect the country's manufacturing sector. He said that Toyota set its domestic sales and export sales targets at 1.5m vehicles each to ensure that this goal was achieved.
Ozawa said he wanted the automobile acquisition tax and the automobile weight tax to be abolished before the consumption tax was raised.
Toyota, Nissan, Honda, and Mazda are recalling a combined 3.39m vehicles globally, all traced back to an identical problem with the passenger-side airbag supplied by Takata. IHS Automotive analyst Pau...
New Zealand's new commercial vehicle registrations of 2,235 units was the best April result since 1982 when 2,754 were sold, according to the new vehicle trade group....
Mikuni Corporation and Eberspaecher Climate Control Systems have signed a joint venture agreement. Newly established Eberspaecher Mikuni Climate Control Systems Corporation headquartered in Odawara wi...
Volkswagen may cut temporary posts as European car markets continue to weaken although chief executive officer Martin Winterkorn ruled out factory closures or any reduction in permanent workers....
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, TVA and New Albany Light, Gas and Water (NALGW) held a ceremony to start up the plant's new 50 kilowatt solar array....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Japan's carmakers bring home foreign-made models
- GM sued for $10bn over losses on 27m recalled cars
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)