JAPAN: Toyota to build engine plant in Indonesia, boost output
Toyota's Indonesian vehicle-producing subsidiary PT Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indonesia (TMMIN) is to purchase 150 hectares of land near its two plants in Karawang to build a new engine plant to strengthen local procurement and to respond to future demand increases expected with the growth of the Indonesian market.
Its Karawang plant will increase annual production capacity from 110,000 vehicles to 130,000 and employ 190 new workers by September 2013 to reinforce supply of IMV series vehicles.
Toyota Auto Body is to begin vehicle production in December 2012 at PT Sugity Creatives PT, its joint-venture vehicle and parts manufacturing company in Bekasi Regency formed with TMMIN and Toyota Tsusho.
Last month, Daihatsu began operation at its Karawang Plant - its second local production base following its Sunter Plant (established in 1992) in northern Jakarta. Construction of Daihatsu's second test track and design centre outside Japan will also begin at its Karawang Plant within the year.
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
US-based electric car maker Tesla Motors has posted its first ever quarterly profit in the first quarter as it also said it exceeded its target for deliveries....
Toyota Boshoku has concluded an agreement to establish a joint venture in Pakistan with Pakistani automotive component maker, Thal, and Toyota Tsusho....
Toyota Motor Corporation boosted full fiscal year operating income from JPY355.6bn to JPY1.32 trillion, an increase of JPY965.2bn. Net income rose from JPY283.5bn to JPY962.1bn on sales up 18.7% to J...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028