JAPAN: Toyota to build engine plant in Indonesia, boost output
Toyota's Indonesian vehicle-producing subsidiary PT Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indonesia (TMMIN) is to purchase 150 hectares of land near its two plants in Karawang to build a new engine plant to strengthen local procurement and to respond to future demand increases expected with the growth of the Indonesian market.
Its Karawang plant will increase annual production capacity from 110,000 vehicles to 130,000 and employ 190 new workers by September 2013 to reinforce supply of IMV series vehicles.
Toyota Auto Body is to begin vehicle production in December 2012 at PT Sugity Creatives PT, its joint-venture vehicle and parts manufacturing company in Bekasi Regency formed with TMMIN and Toyota Tsusho.
Last month, Daihatsu began operation at its Karawang Plant - its second local production base following its Sunter Plant (established in 1992) in northern Jakarta. Construction of Daihatsu's second test track and design centre outside Japan will also begin at its Karawang Plant within the year.
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
US-based electric car maker Tesla Motors has posted its first ever quarterly profit in the first quarter as it also said it exceeded its target for deliveries....
Toyota Boshoku has concluded an agreement to establish a joint venture in Pakistan with Pakistani automotive component maker, Thal, and Toyota Tsusho....
Toyota Motor Corporation boosted full fiscal year operating income from JPY355.6bn to JPY1.32 trillion, an increase of JPY965.2bn. Net income rose from JPY283.5bn to JPY962.1bn on sales up 18.7% to J...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Lexus concedes to Germany
- PLDB Future Models - LA & Guangzhou shows insights
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Lexus NX 300h
- INTERVIEW: Fiat brand head, Olivier Francois
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- BELGIUM: Jaguar overtaken by Lexus across Europe
- 2014 LA SHOW: World debuts list [final version]
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: 'Chery Land Rover' Evoque
- Jaguar Land Rover to recall vehicles over TPMS
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app