KAZAKHSTAN: Toyota to assembly Fortuner locally
Toyota has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Kazakhstan government to begin local knockdown production of the Fortuner from the spring of 2014 at a facility belonging to Saryarka AvtoProm in Kostanay.
The plan is to produce approximately 3,000 models a year, a project described by Kazakh Deputy Prime Minister as “a strategically important step towards the development of the automotive industry” in the country.
Toyota Europe chief Didier Leroy added: “We strongly believe that the potential for economic growth and a strong automobile market here is excellent. By starting production locally, we can actively contribute to the acceleration of motorisation and industrialisation of the country.”
Toyota established its operations in Kazakhstan as a sales and marketing company in May 2008 to import and sell Toyota- and Lexus-brand vehicles. Kazakhstan was chosen as a location for knockdown production in consideration of its market potential, Toyota said.
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
Toyota Tsusho Corporation - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis,...
Toyota Tsusho Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
Mazda is adding an engine factory to its Guanajuato, Mexico, assembly plant which is due to come on stream in the first quarter of next year....
Toyota's Aqua (Prius C) hybrid was again the top-selling car in Japan for July with sales of 28,657 units, up 9.1% year on year, industry bodies said....
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- PSA issues new business plan
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028