US: Toyota settles damages lawsuit
Toyota has agreed to settle a damages lawsuit for a class-action over injuries and deaths linked to unintended sudden vehicle acceleration, the carmaker said.
The automaker did not disclose how much it would pay for the settlement of the lawsuit filed by family members of two people killed an accident in Utah in November 2010 said to have been caused by the sudden acceleration of a Camry sedan.
It was claimed that the sudden acceleration was caused by an electronic control system glitch. It is understood Toyota decided to settle the case without admitting the alleged flaw in order to prevent its brand image from being tainted by a prolonged court battle.
The carmaker settled a class action lawsuit in the US last November filed by its shareholders seeking damages payments for their losses from a Toyota stock sell-off due to massive vehicle recalls.
Toyota Tsusho Corporation - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis,...
Toyota Tsusho Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
You could have been forgiven for thinking just-auto had become an extension of the Toyota PR machine this week, given the number of stories about the automaker. Just the way it goes, some times....
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028