US: Toyota seeks voluntary retirements
Toyota wants to replace older workers in the US with younger ones and is seeking voluntary retirement of 2,000 employees, about 10% of its total headcount in the country.
The carmaker is offering incentives to manufacturing employees who have worked for the company for over 22 years. Most of those eligible for the programme are in the automaker's factory in Kentucky which began production - of the Camry - in 1988.
About 20% to 35% of those eligible for early retirement incentives are expected to apply. Toyota said it would offset the departures with new recruits keeping the total workforce in the US almost unchanged.
Quarterly and other results to the thirty-oneth of March continued to dribble in this week so let's start by hoisting the Union Jack, drum roll, trumpet blast, and highlight Jaguar Land Rover's 11% fu...
More read-it-and-weep news for struggling European rivals from Volkswagen group this week as it chalked up another little milestone - selling over 3m vehicles in the first four months of a year....
Toyota Motor plans a joint venture with a local company in China to produce batteries for the country's growing petrol-electric hybrid car market, a Beijing-based company spokesman said....
Car sales in the US are expected to get back on track in May according to analysts at Edmunds.com, who forecast 1,420,937 new cars and trucks will be sold for an estimated seasonally adjusted annual r...
Indonesia's largest automotive distributor, Astra International, has raised IDR2.8 trillion (US$286m) from the sale of a 15% stake in the country's largest automotive component manufacturing group, PT...
Toyota luxury car brand Lexus plans to expand its Australian line to seven models....
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- Briefing: Active safety systems
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2015 Mazda CX-5 & future CUVs
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- McLaren Automotive posts second year of profit
- Audi is first customer for new car configurator
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2029