JAPAN: Toyota recall the largest yet
Toyota's recall of 1.5m vehicles in Japan over a steering wheel problem is the largest ever domestic recall by any vehicle maker, company officials said.
The automaker reported to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism a plan to recall 1,518,098 units across 13 models, including the Prius hybrid, produced between August 2000 and December 2011.
According to the ministry, the shaft that connects the steering wheel with the steering gear box is not strong enough and could wear out, making steering difficult.
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive steering systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use th...
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
US-based electric car maker Tesla Motors has posted its first ever quarterly profit in the first quarter as it also said it exceeded its target for deliveries....
Toyota Boshoku has concluded an agreement to establish a joint venture in Pakistan with Pakistani automotive component maker, Thal, and Toyota Tsusho....
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: world debuts list updated
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Tata restructuring production at all plants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028