JAPAN: Toyota paints bleak 2013 forecast
Toyota expects its vehicle sales in Japan to fall by over 18% year on year to 1.36m units in 2013, from an estimated 1.67m in 2012, according to local reports.
This very bleak internal sales forecast by the country’s leading car brand paints a gloomy outlook for Japan’s broader vehicle market next year.
Vehicle sales have already begun to weaken after the end in September of the government’s 12 month incentive programme which helped drive sales of fuel-efficient cars in the first nine months of this year.
Sales this year have also been boosted by an order backlog following last year’s earthquake and tsunami.
The country entered its second economic recession in as many years in the third quarter with the strong yen heavily hitting corporate earnings and capital expenditure.
Toyota, along with other Japanese auto manufacturers, is also suffering from a huge backlash following a territorial dispute between China and Japan which flared up in August. Japanese vehicle sales in mainland China, the world’s largest vehicle market, have since falling by over 50%.
The UK market looked strong in May while Toyota's UK plant, clobbered by the 2008 recession, is now claimed to be back at capacity, following the start of production of the Auris Touring Sports or, to...
Toyota Tsusho Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
Toyota Motor will exempt factory workers with preschool children from the night shift, beginning in September, to help them balance work and child rearing, media reports said....
The Toyota Motor Europe (TME) UK plant in Burnaston has started production of the Auris Touring Sports [wagon]....
Toyota wants to become the first automaker in the world to break through the 10m vehicle production barrier this year....
The Indonesian government announced its long awaited incentives for small cars, following the issue of a presidential decree earlier this week which was quickly put into legislation....
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: World premieres
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028