JAPAN: Toyota paints bleak 2013 forecast
Toyota expects its vehicle sales in Japan to fall by over 18% year on year to 1.36m units in 2013, from an estimated 1.67m in 2012, according to local reports.
This very bleak internal sales forecast by the country’s leading car brand paints a gloomy outlook for Japan’s broader vehicle market next year.
Vehicle sales have already begun to weaken after the end in September of the government’s 12 month incentive programme which helped drive sales of fuel-efficient cars in the first nine months of this year.
Sales this year have also been boosted by an order backlog following last year’s earthquake and tsunami.
The country entered its second economic recession in as many years in the third quarter with the strong yen heavily hitting corporate earnings and capital expenditure.
Toyota, along with other Japanese auto manufacturers, is also suffering from a huge backlash following a territorial dispute between China and Japan which flared up in August. Japanese vehicle sales in mainland China, the world’s largest vehicle market, have since falling by over 50%.
The UK market looked strong in May while Toyota's UK plant, clobbered by the 2008 recession, is now claimed to be back at capacity, following the start of production of the Auris Touring Sports or, to...
Toyota Tsusho Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
Toyota Motor will exempt factory workers with preschool children from the night shift, beginning in September, to help them balance work and child rearing, media reports said....
The Saudi Arabia Autos Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, auto associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and compet...
The Toyota Motor Europe (TME) UK plant in Burnaston has started production of the Auris Touring Sports [wagon]....
Toyota wants to become the first automaker in the world to break through the 10m vehicle production barrier this year....
- COMMENT: Russian auto jitters in Crimea poker
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- India's auto sector pauses, but for how long?
- PRODUCT EYE: Kia pro_cee'd GT
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- Ssangyong to rebrand and overhaul image
- Jaguar to end XK production this year
- Geely to axe domestic brands
- Ford director emeritus, William Clay Ford, dies
- VW calls for automaker data-collection commitment
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Auto Parts Manufacturing in China
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)