JAPAN: Toyota develops high speed collision avoidance
Toyota has developed a pre-collision System (PCS) with collision avoidance assist that is effective in helping mitigate even high-speed collisions.
The newly developed PCS uses millimetre-wave radar to detect the risk of a rear-end collision with a preceding vehicle with the system warning the driver via sound and display alerts to prompt braking when such a risk is detected.
When the driver applies the brakes, PCS enables deceleration of up to 60km/h by greatly increasing the braking force up to twice that of the average force applied by drivers. If the brakes are not applied, automatic deceleration of 15km/h to approximately 30km/h is possible.
More than 90% of rear end collisions occur when the difference in speed between the preceding and following vehicle is within 60km/h. TMC aimed to develop a system based on real-world collision data, and has, with its newly developed system, achieved rear-end-collision reducing-effects at the highest level in the industry. The new PCS was developed to be used in a wide variety of models, and is to be rolled out starting with soon-to-be-launched models.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
US-based electric car maker Tesla Motors has posted its first ever quarterly profit in the first quarter as it also said it exceeded its target for deliveries....
Toyota Boshoku has concluded an agreement to establish a joint venture in Pakistan with Pakistani automotive component maker, Thal, and Toyota Tsusho....
Toyota Motor Corporation boosted full fiscal year operating income from JPY355.6bn to JPY1.32 trillion, an increase of JPY965.2bn. Net income rose from JPY283.5bn to JPY962.1bn on sales up 18.7% to J...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Bentley Continental GT V8 S
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Ford Mondeo redesigned for 2015
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Japan's carmakers bring home foreign-made models
- Toyota recalls 1.75m for brake and fuel checks
- GM sued for $10bn over losses on 27m recalled cars
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Supercapacitor / Ultracapacitor Interviews, Strategies, Road Map 2014-2025
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029