JAPAN: Toyota Boshoku hikes Polish JV stake
Toyota Boshoku's European unit has raised its stake in a Polish joint venture to make it a subsidiary to strengthen its management base in Europe.
Toyota Boshoku Europe NV's shareholding in Tbmeca Poland is now 54.9%, up from 30%. The supplier makes filters and powertrain parts. Toyota has an engine and transmission plant in Poland.
Tbmeca is a joint venture of Toyota Boshoku Europe, Monaco-based Mecaplast Group and Denso International Europe.
Toyota Boshoku Europe bought part of Mecaplast's Tbmeca shareholding which is now 25.1% (from 50%) after this transaction.
Toyota Boshoku declined to say the cost of its share acquisition.
The old adage 'win on Sunday, sell on Monday' attributed to Ford's return to racing in the US in the early 1950s* has been given a new twist by Hyundai. The company doesn't want to be the world's bigg...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle engine cooling sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use t...
The UK market looked strong in May while Toyota's UK plant, clobbered by the 2008 recession, is now claimed to be back at capacity, following the start of production of the Auris Touring Sports or, to...
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped 43.5% to 8,201 units in May, from 5,715 units a year earlier, according to the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Association....
The current Volkswagen Passat for European markets, launched in 2005, will not be replaced until "late 2014 or early 2015", a company insider has told just-auto.com....
Nissan has launched its redesigned Sunny - aka Versa, Almera and Latio elsewhere - in Vietnam where it is assembled in a new plant operated by local distributor Tan Chong Motor Group....
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- Europe diesel forecasts revised down
- COMMENT: Where will VW 'emissionsgate' end?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- PSA Peugeot Citroen CEO Carlos Tavares interview
- Prosecutors u-turn on Winterkorn probe
- Defiant Bosch backs diesel but quiet on Volkswagen
- Volkswagen UK recalls 1.2m group diesels
- VW may recall up to 11m cars
- Tesla starts Model X deliveries
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE glazing market- forecasts to 2030