CANADA: Toyota boosting RAV4 output at Woodstock
The Woodstock RAV4 line
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) will increase RAV4 compact SUV production at its Woodstock, Ontario assembly plant from 150,000 annual capacity to 200,000 vehicles, the automaker announced on Wednesday.
Ultimately, this CAN$80m investment will result in about 400 new jobs between now and implementation in early 2013.
TMMC chairman Ray Tanguay said, “We are optimistic that the market is coming back and we’re grateful for the strong sales of the RAV4 in the North American market, which has created this increase in production and jobs.”
The North American RAV4 is larger than the version sold in other markets and engine options include a petrol V6.
TMMC also currently manufactures the Corolla, Matrix and Lexus RX350 in its plants in Cambridge, ON and one plant in Woodstock, ON. It is the only Toyota unit outside Japan to build Lexus.
The operation employs 6,500 workers.
The media preview day for this year's Australian International Motor Show was 18 October. There were global debuts for the Holden, Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Nissan and Toyota brands....
An updated list of world premiere concepts and production models which appeared at the Paris motor show's 27 & 28 September press preview days....
General Motors and Ford plan a series of launches in volume segments and to improve their reach and service to make a dent in the Indian car market where leader Maruti Suzuki and runner-up Hyundai Mot...
Toyota Motor wants to triple its car production in Indonesia to 300,000 vehicles as it plans to introduce four or more new car models there over the next four years, a senior official said....
The 20th Indonesian International Motor Show is taking place in Jakarta. There have been some significant global debuts at the event, including Toyota and Daihatsu's new low-cost cars designed specifi...
Toyota president Akio Toyoda said he regrets that some of the company's dealerships in China have been vandalised during anti-Japan protests....
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- ANALYSIS: Kia 'thinks globally, acts locally'
- ANALYSIS: New Corsa VXR & future Opels/Vauxhalls
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- Ricardo opens Vehicle Emissions Research Centre
- North America boosts Ford Q2 profits
- Mitsubishi ending US production
- FRANKFURT DEBUTS LIST: Ferrari 488 Spider added
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030