JAPAN: Toyota aims for record global production in 2013
The automaker also plans to produce 3.02m vehicles in Japan in 2013 and 3.0m in 2014, sticking to its pledge to continue making at least 3m cars at home, said a member of the Federation of All Toyota Workers' Union who spoke to Reuters on condition of anonymity.
Toyota presented the figures to labour unions during pay negotiations, he said.
Toyota could not be immediately reached for comment.
The ramp up in production comes in the midst of a shift in Toyota's capital expenditure plan.
The automaker, which expanded too fast to meet booming demand and then tripped when the financial crisis and the yen's rise hit, has said it will not build new factories over the next three years except for ones it has already announced investments in, despite a weaker yen boosting its profits.
Instead, it will increase production by fully utilising and operating existing plants, Senior managing officer Takahiko Ijichi told Reuters.
It made a record 8.74m vehicles globally under the Toyota and Lexus brands. For the entire Toyota group, which includes Daihatsu and Hino, production was 9.91m vehicles.
Toyota Tsusho Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
Toyota Tsusho Corporation - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis,...
The Saudi Arabia Autos Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, auto associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and compet...
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- INTERVIEW: Ford UK fleet director, Phil Hollins
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- Ukraine crisis sparks Russia 'downward pressures'
- GENEVA: Apple launches car iOS
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028