JAPAN: Toyoda Gosei to build auto parts plant in Brazil
Japan's Toyoda Gosei will build a plant in a Sao Paulo suburb for the production of rubber and plastic automotive components to meet growth in the Brazilian auto market.
It will be the Toyota Motor-affiliated autoparts maker's first production base in South America, Jiji Press reported. With a capital of BRL90m, it will set up a company for production. Products will be chiefly supplied to Toyota initially.
The new company plans to start production in November 2014 and targets annual sales of some BRL60m in 2017 by expanding sales to other automakers, Toyoda Gosei officials said.
The plant, to be built in Itapetininga, 150km west of Sao Paulo, will make automotive sealing products such as glass runs, airbags and other safety system products, as well as interior and exterior products such as instrument panel components.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
The ongoing row over the safety or otherwise of coolant R1234yf has taken a new turn with Toyota Deutschland joining the boycott instigated by Daimler AG's Mercedes-Benz and smart brands....
A 7 September win for the Liberal-National parties coalition in Australia's federal election would lead to General Motors Holden ending manufacturing. So claims Phil Horton, the managing director of B...
Toyota's upmarket Lexus brand will open its first 'brand experience' centre next week (Aug 30) in Tokyo's Aoyama district....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche Panamera 4S
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- PARIS DEBUTS: Renault EOLAB concept
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Bosch taking over EPS JV with ZF
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Global Automotive Suspension Systems Market 2014-2018
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)