In light of automotive production growth in the North America, Toyoda Gosei is establishing a new plant for automotive interior and exterior components in Stratford, Ontario, Canada.
The new plant, a branch plant of subsidiary TG Minto supplies interior and exterior components to Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC).
More than 25 years of their success in Canada started when they took a stake in Waterville TG located in Waterville, Quebec in 1986.
There are currently 4 plants manufacturing automotive parts: sealing parts at the WTG Waterville plant, the Coachcock plant and the Ontario plant, and interior and exterior parts at the TG Minto Palmerston plant. The new addition is their fifth plant.
The Toyoda Gosei group strives to become 'a true global supplier of choice that delivers happiness to customers all over the world,' and establishes optimal production and delivery systems globally.
[New factory information]
1. Factory Name: TG Minto Corporation Stratford Factory (tentative)
2. Start of production: July, 2013 (planned)
3. Location: Stratford, Ontario Canada
4. Capital: Approximately CAD$11m (US$11.1m)
5. Products: Interior and exterior components for automobiles (Instrument panel parts, pillar garnishes, column hole covers and others)
6. Factory size: Approximately 6,000m2
7. Business plan:
- Sales approximately CAD$15m
- Employees approximately 70 employees (2014)
The old adage 'win on Sunday, sell on Monday' attributed to Ford's return to racing in the US in the early 1950s* has been given a new twist by Hyundai. The company doesn't want to be the world's bigg...
The UK market looked strong in May while Toyota's UK plant, clobbered by the 2008 recession, is now claimed to be back at capacity, following the start of production of the Auris Touring Sports or, to...
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped 43.5% to 8,201 units in May, from 5,715 units a year earlier, according to the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Association....
The current Volkswagen Passat for European markets, launched in 2005, will not be replaced until "late 2014 or early 2015", a company insider has told just-auto.com....
Nissan has launched its redesigned Sunny - aka Versa, Almera and Latio elsewhere - in Vietnam where it is assembled in a new plant operated by local distributor Tan Chong Motor Group....
- Comment - emissions 'failures' hardly a surprise
- ANALYSIS - supercharged Jaguar XF
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Diesel developments
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - VW agrees a deal with the US
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT - Moving closer to self-driving
- Ford launches new EcoBlue 'Euro VI' diesel engine
- JLR achieves aluminium recycling milestone
- BEIJING 2016 - world premieres list
- Ford ‘not interested’ in Fiat Chrysler tie-up
- Ford books record Q1 pre-tax profit