TOKYO SHOW: Thailand to build small BMW SUV
BMW's Thai plant would start to assemble the X3 SUV early next year, at first for the domestic market but perhaps later for export, BMW AG CEO Helmut Panke said at the Tokyo Motor Show on Wednesday.
According to Reuters, BMW expects sales in Asia to break the 100,000-vehicle mark this year after sales reached 81,000 in the first nine months.
Hitting 100,000 would be up from 95,000 retail sales in Asia last year and keep the group well on the way to boosting annual sales in the region to 150,000 by 2008, he reportedly said.
In all, BMW expects group sales to reach 1.4 million units around the world by 2008, up from around 1.3 million this year, Reuters added.
This year sees a record number of new models - not mere facelifts - destined for UK showrooms. For carmakers, it should give a boost to flagging sales on the back of increased use of platform sharing....
While a very large part of the global car industry is still whimpering about the high price of oil, steel, pensions, healthcare, lay-off pay or the low price of the dollar, BMW is just giving it all a...
Associated Press reports that BMW expects its 2005 net profit to remain even with last year, when it earned euro2.2 billion, but said Thursday that reaching the target is a "big challenge."...
First quarter net profit at the BMW group of €519 million was 0.8% down on Q1 2004's €523 million and is equivalent to €0.77 per share....
BMW rejected market talk on Tuesday that it could be poised to issue a profit warning....
BMW's new 3 series Touring - wagon - will go on sale in many world markets from this summer....
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- COMMENT: Has ZF fired M&A starting gun with TRW?
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- Nissan learns from India mistakes
- Opel Group formed within Adam Opel
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- New Cars: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018