THAILAND: Thai Rung in THB 500m expansion
Thai Rung Union Car Plc (TRU), a Thai-listed vehicle modifier and components manufacturer, plans to invest THB 500 million (USD 17 million) this year to expand capacity and increase revenue by 15% from last year’s THB 3.78 billion.
TRU produces pickup modifications, including full-bodies, and also armour-plated vehicles at two plants near Bangkok. Tooling and OEM parts accounted for around 56% of sales last year; painting and assembly services 34%; and from vehicle customization and aftersales services 10%.
Around THB 200 million will be spent on new machinery which will allow it to increase capacity to 95%. The remainder will be spent on new premises.
- PRODUCT EYE: Porsche 911 Turbo
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- COMMENT: Beijing wants a greener auto sector
- Golf off Ford CEO Mulally's next-move list
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: Global debuts list
- Ford Mulally successor announcement expected
- GM restructures global engineering
- GERMANY: First four-cylinder Porsche since 1995