THAILAND: Thai Rung in THB 500m expansion
Thai Rung Union Car Plc (TRU), a Thai-listed vehicle modifier and components manufacturer, plans to invest THB 500 million (USD 17 million) this year to expand capacity and increase revenue by 15% from last year’s THB 3.78 billion.
TRU produces pickup modifications, including full-bodies, and also armour-plated vehicles at two plants near Bangkok. Tooling and OEM parts accounted for around 56% of sales last year; painting and assembly services 34%; and from vehicle customization and aftersales services 10%.
Around THB 200 million will be spent on new machinery which will allow it to increase capacity to 95%. The remainder will be spent on new premises.
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda Europe Jazz Prototype
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Bosch taking over EPS JV with ZF
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)