Thai Rung Union Car Plc (TRU), a Thai-listed vehicle modifier and components manufacturer, plans to invest THB 500 million (USD 17 million) this year to expand capacity and increase revenue by 15% from last year’s THB 3.78 billion.
TRU produces pickup modifications, including full-bodies, and also armour-plated vehicles at two plants near Bangkok. Tooling and OEM parts accounted for around 56% of sales last year; painting and assembly services 34%; and from vehicle customization and aftersales services 10%.
Around THB 200 million will be spent on new machinery which will allow it to increase capacity to 95%. The remainder will be spent on new premises.
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - platforms to go to
- Peugeot steps up a gear with new 3008
- Delphi Powertrain VP on compliance - Q&A
- Geely/Volvo architecture cooperation bears fruit
- Peugeot reveals revamped 3008 compact SUV
- Tesla chooses Mando for autonomous technology
- US and UK motorists divided on driverless cars
- GKN wins plug-in AWD axle deal
- Subaru plans wider development links with Toyota