THAILAND: Thai Rung in THB 500m expansion
Thai Rung Union Car Plc (TRU), a Thai-listed vehicle modifier and components manufacturer, plans to invest THB 500 million (USD 17 million) this year to expand capacity and increase revenue by 15% from last year’s THB 3.78 billion.
TRU produces pickup modifications, including full-bodies, and also armour-plated vehicles at two plants near Bangkok. Tooling and OEM parts accounted for around 56% of sales last year; painting and assembly services 34%; and from vehicle customization and aftersales services 10%.
Around THB 200 million will be spent on new machinery which will allow it to increase capacity to 95%. The remainder will be spent on new premises.
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
- ANALYSIS: Opel-Vauxhall and Buick's shared future
- Briefing: Supplier industry financial review
- 2014 GUANGZHOU SHOW: World premieres list
- Tesla and BMW in battery talks - reports
- BMW tests Google Glass eyewear for quality checks
- VW Group to invest EUR86bn in next five years
- 2016 Hyundai i20 last to be bought on price: UK MD