THAILAND: Thai Rung in THB 500m expansion
Thai Rung Union Car Plc (TRU), a Thai-listed vehicle modifier and components manufacturer, plans to invest THB 500 million (USD 17 million) this year to expand capacity and increase revenue by 15% from last year’s THB 3.78 billion.
TRU produces pickup modifications, including full-bodies, and also armour-plated vehicles at two plants near Bangkok. Tooling and OEM parts accounted for around 56% of sales last year; painting and assembly services 34%; and from vehicle customization and aftersales services 10%.
Around THB 200 million will be spent on new machinery which will allow it to increase capacity to 95%. The remainder will be spent on new premises.
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- INTERVIEW: Ford UK fleet director, Phil Hollins
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- GENEVA: Apple launches car iOS
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- Ukraine crisis sparks Russia 'downward pressures'
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028