THAILAND: Thai Rung in THB 500m expansion
Thai Rung Union Car Plc (TRU), a Thai-listed vehicle modifier and components manufacturer, plans to invest THB 500 million (USD 17 million) this year to expand capacity and increase revenue by 15% from last year’s THB 3.78 billion.
TRU produces pickup modifications, including full-bodies, and also armour-plated vehicles at two plants near Bangkok. Tooling and OEM parts accounted for around 56% of sales last year; painting and assembly services 34%; and from vehicle customization and aftersales services 10%.
Around THB 200 million will be spent on new machinery which will allow it to increase capacity to 95%. The remainder will be spent on new premises.
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW X4
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- Kia K900 knocks on big brands' door
- Global light vehicle market developments
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Ford Europe finally makes a pre-tax buck
- Ford changes R&D chief
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs