THAILAND: Thai Rung in THB 500m expansion
Thai Rung Union Car Plc (TRU), a Thai-listed vehicle modifier and components manufacturer, plans to invest THB 500 million (USD 17 million) this year to expand capacity and increase revenue by 15% from last year’s THB 3.78 billion.
TRU produces pickup modifications, including full-bodies, and also armour-plated vehicles at two plants near Bangkok. Tooling and OEM parts accounted for around 56% of sales last year; painting and assembly services 34%; and from vehicle customization and aftersales services 10%.
Around THB 200 million will be spent on new machinery which will allow it to increase capacity to 95%. The remainder will be spent on new premises.
- COMMENT: Russian auto jitters in Crimea poker
- India's auto sector pauses, but for how long?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- PRODUCT EYE: Kia pro_cee'd GT
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- Ssangyong to rebrand and overhaul image
- Jaguar to end XK production this year
- Geely to axe domestic brands
- Ford director emeritus, William Clay Ford, dies
- VW calls for automaker data-collection commitment
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Auto Parts Manufacturing in China
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)