THAILAND: Thai Rung in THB 500m expansion
Thai Rung Union Car Plc (TRU), a Thai-listed vehicle modifier and components manufacturer, plans to invest THB 500 million (USD 17 million) this year to expand capacity and increase revenue by 15% from last year’s THB 3.78 billion.
TRU produces pickup modifications, including full-bodies, and also armour-plated vehicles at two plants near Bangkok. Tooling and OEM parts accounted for around 56% of sales last year; painting and assembly services 34%; and from vehicle customization and aftersales services 10%.
Around THB 200 million will be spent on new machinery which will allow it to increase capacity to 95%. The remainder will be spent on new premises.
- ANALYSIS: Will the XE work for Jaguar?
- COMMENT: GM's new Camaro to join a surging segment
- ANALYSIS: Autonomous cars and interior design
- COMMENT: UK vote sets cat among Brussels pigeons
- Williams CEO eyes consultancy business expansion
- ZF completes TRW buy to create EUR30bn supplier
- INDIA: Tata learns from mistakes with GenX Nano
- Ford UK stresses importance of low interest rates
- Takata recall widens to 33.8m vehicles in US
- Nissan's Ghosn relaxed on R-N Alliance structure