JAPAN: Teijin’s bio-derived polyester fibre used in Nissan Leaf
Teijin Limited has announced that its 'Eco Circle' plant-fibre based bio-polyester has been selected for use in the seats and interior trim surface of the new Nissan Leaf.
The company says that it is the first time Eco Circle plant-fibre has been used for the interior of a mass-produced vehicle.
The seat and interior trim surface were co-developed by Teijin, automotive seat manufacturer Suminoe Teijin Techno Co., Ltd. and Nissan Motor Company Ltd. Specifically, Eco Circle plant-fibre is used for the seats, parts of the door trim, headrests and centre armrest.
More than 30% of Eco Circle plant-fibre’s composition is made with biofuels derived from sugarcane.
Teijin has been expanding Eco Circle plant-fibre’s global market for applications ranging from apparel, car seats and interiors to personal hygiene products. The company aims to increase sales to over 50% of its total polyester fibre sales for automotive seats and interiors by 2015.
This QUBE report from just-auto report provides a comprehensive overview of the global material trends sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
New to just-auto this quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the vehicle lightweighting megatrend, the technologies, materials and suppliers involve...
Volkswagen's Spanish affiliate SEAT has launched the new Leon in Mexico, a move designed to strengthen the brand's strategy for international growth and profitability....
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
Nissan is recalling over 800,000 Cube/Micra models because of a faulty steering wheel....
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Toyota's FCV cometh
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- ANALYSIS: Kia 'thinks globally, acts locally'
- Mitsubishi ending US production
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- FRANKFURT DEBUTS LIST: Ferrari 488 Spider added
- FCA to recall 1,060,531 Ram trucks
- JCI confirms auto exit as supplier eddies swirl
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030