JAPAN: Teijin’s bio-derived polyester fibre used in Nissan Leaf
Teijin Limited has announced that its 'Eco Circle' plant-fibre based bio-polyester has been selected for use in the seats and interior trim surface of the new Nissan Leaf.
The company says that it is the first time Eco Circle plant-fibre has been used for the interior of a mass-produced vehicle.
The seat and interior trim surface were co-developed by Teijin, automotive seat manufacturer Suminoe Teijin Techno Co., Ltd. and Nissan Motor Company Ltd. Specifically, Eco Circle plant-fibre is used for the seats, parts of the door trim, headrests and centre armrest.
More than 30% of Eco Circle plant-fibre’s composition is made with biofuels derived from sugarcane.
Teijin has been expanding Eco Circle plant-fibre’s global market for applications ranging from apparel, car seats and interiors to personal hygiene products. The company aims to increase sales to over 50% of its total polyester fibre sales for automotive seats and interiors by 2015.
This QUBE report from just-auto report provides a comprehensive overview of the global material trends sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
Volkswagen's Spanish affiliate SEAT has launched the new Leon in Mexico, a move designed to strengthen the brand's strategy for international growth and profitability....
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
Nissan is recalling over 800,000 Cube/Micra models because of a faulty steering wheel....
Toyota has reasserted itself as the world's most valuable car brand, replacing BMW, rated the top brand in the Millward Brown survey in 2010 and 2012. Toyota held the top spot in 2006-2009 and again i...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Daimler restructures cooperation with Tesla
- UK: Vauxhall goes after Ford with Corsa pricing
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report