JAPAN: Teijin’s bio-derived polyester fibre used in Nissan Leaf
Teijin Limited has announced that its 'Eco Circle' plant-fibre based bio-polyester has been selected for use in the seats and interior trim surface of the new Nissan Leaf.
The company says that it is the first time Eco Circle plant-fibre has been used for the interior of a mass-produced vehicle.
The seat and interior trim surface were co-developed by Teijin, automotive seat manufacturer Suminoe Teijin Techno Co., Ltd. and Nissan Motor Company Ltd. Specifically, Eco Circle plant-fibre is used for the seats, parts of the door trim, headrests and centre armrest.
More than 30% of Eco Circle plant-fibre’s composition is made with biofuels derived from sugarcane.
Teijin has been expanding Eco Circle plant-fibre’s global market for applications ranging from apparel, car seats and interiors to personal hygiene products. The company aims to increase sales to over 50% of its total polyester fibre sales for automotive seats and interiors by 2015.
This report has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. It covers the global automotive seat market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years...
This QUBE report from just-auto report provides a comprehensive overview of the global material trends sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
Volkswagen's Spanish affiliate SEAT has launched the new Leon in Mexico, a move designed to strengthen the brand's strategy for international growth and profitability....
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
Nissan is recalling over 800,000 Cube/Micra models because of a faulty steering wheel....
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Cadillac takes on Merc S Class
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times