UK: Tata's Jaguar Land Rover posts 35% sales rise
The only major market not to see an increase last month was the US which JLR blamed on the impact of Hurricane Sandy and customers delaying sales in anticipation of model year 2013 products.
Ten-month sales were up 78% in China, 41% in Europe, 38% in Asia Pacific and 15% in North America.
“During a very competitive year for premium car sales, and in an increasingly uncertain economic environment, I am delighted to see strong demand for our products and that we are still performing well across all our key markets,” said Phil Popham, JLR’s sales chief.
Land Rover reported October sales of 22,166 (up 17%) while Jaguar sales were down 24% at 3,010.
Ten-month sales for Land Rover were 249,144 (up 41%) while Jaguar sales were up 8% at 44,877.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Motors and fans supplier, Ebm-papst, has issued a clarion call for the UK to urgently replace its engineer stock as demographics and competing career options take their toll....
Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover has awarded contracts worth GBP2.8bn (US$4.3bn) to companies worldwide to supply parts for the new F-Type, with over GBP1.5bn ($US2.3bn) placed with suppliers here in th...
After leading the successful expansion of Porsche in China since 2007, Helmut Bröker is to take over as head of the region covering the Middle East, Africa, India, South-East Asia, Australia/New Zeala...
There's good news and bad news at two Japanese car plants here in England this week....
Tesla has named Aston Martin's vehicle engineering head, Chris Porritt, as its new vice president of vehicle engineering....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- ANALYSIS: Honda's BR-V could be The Next Big Thing
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart & VW Golf updates
- JLR expects "many" of 5,800 Tianjin cars damaged
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030