UK: Tata's Jaguar Land Rover posts 35% sales rise
The only major market not to see an increase last month was the US which JLR blamed on the impact of Hurricane Sandy and customers delaying sales in anticipation of model year 2013 products.
Ten-month sales were up 78% in China, 41% in Europe, 38% in Asia Pacific and 15% in North America.
“During a very competitive year for premium car sales, and in an increasingly uncertain economic environment, I am delighted to see strong demand for our products and that we are still performing well across all our key markets,” said Phil Popham, JLR’s sales chief.
Land Rover reported October sales of 22,166 (up 17%) while Jaguar sales were down 24% at 3,010.
Ten-month sales for Land Rover were 249,144 (up 41%) while Jaguar sales were up 8% at 44,877.
Jaguar Land Rover has proved itself to be a strong and stable business in spite of the economic downturn, with good sales results in both developing and developed markets. Despite some difficult years...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Motors and fans supplier, Ebm-papst, has issued a clarion call for the UK to urgently replace its engineer stock as demographics and competing career options take their toll....
Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover has awarded contracts worth GBP2.8bn (US$4.3bn) to companies worldwide to supply parts for the new F-Type, with over GBP1.5bn ($US2.3bn) placed with suppliers here in th...
After leading the successful expansion of Porsche in China since 2007, Helmut Bröker is to take over as head of the region covering the Middle East, Africa, India, South-East Asia, Australia/New Zeala...
There's good news and bad news at two Japanese car plants here in England this week....
Tesla has named Aston Martin's vehicle engineering head, Chris Porritt, as its new vice president of vehicle engineering....
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW i8
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda Civic Type R & VW Passat GTE
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- Opel/Vauxhall issues 'do not drive' warning
- Ford's Americas chief sees 17m light vehicle sales
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)