INDIA: Tata reportedly offers heavy truck discounts to clear stocks
Prolonged economic recession, increasing input costs and high interest have affected truck maker Tata Motors, according to OnCars, which said Tata reportedly is offering a discount of up to INR500,000 (US$9,056.89) on some of its heavy trucks to clear stock and avoid inventory backlog.
Sources reportedly said the company's Jamshedpur plant had operated at 35-40% capacity since December 2012 and there had been a huge decline in Indian demand for heavy duty trucks in the 12 to 25 tonne range.
Abdul Majeed, auto practice leader at PricewaterhouseCoopers was quoted as saying: "Nobody expected the commercial vehicle industry to slow down so much although there was anticipation of some sort of reduction in demand, and that is why companies have little option but to provide heavy discounts."
A spot of M&A in the tyre business this week as Apollo swooped on Cooper with $2.5bn in cash changing hands. I could use a bit of that......
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Automotive Engineering Service market in India to grow at a CAGR of 18.22 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
Quarterly and other results to the thirty-oneth of March continued to dribble in this week so let's start by hoisting the Union Jack, drum roll, trumpet blast, and highlight Jaguar Land Rover's 11% fu...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Commercial Vehicle market in India to grow at a CAGR of 15.02 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the incr...
Former BMW Dingolfing plant manager Wolfgang Stadler is joining Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover as director of manufacturing responsible for global operations....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Daimler restructures cooperation with Tesla
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report