INDIA: Tata reportedly offers heavy truck discounts to clear stocks
Prolonged economic recession, increasing input costs and high interest have affected truck maker Tata Motors, according to OnCars, which said Tata reportedly is offering a discount of up to INR500,000 (US$9,056.89) on some of its heavy trucks to clear stock and avoid inventory backlog.
Sources reportedly said the company's Jamshedpur plant had operated at 35-40% capacity since December 2012 and there had been a huge decline in Indian demand for heavy duty trucks in the 12 to 25 tonne range.
Abdul Majeed, auto practice leader at PricewaterhouseCoopers was quoted as saying: "Nobody expected the commercial vehicle industry to slow down so much although there was anticipation of some sort of reduction in demand, and that is why companies have little option but to provide heavy discounts."
A spot of M&A in the tyre business this week as Apollo swooped on Cooper with $2.5bn in cash changing hands. I could use a bit of that......
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Commercial Vehicle market in India to grow at a CAGR of 15.02 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the incr...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
Quarterly and other results to the thirty-oneth of March continued to dribble in this week so let's start by hoisting the Union Jack, drum roll, trumpet blast, and highlight Jaguar Land Rover's 11% fu...
Former BMW Dingolfing plant manager Wolfgang Stadler is joining Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover as director of manufacturing responsible for global operations....
Just as former owner BMW is starting Mini assembly locally, Tata Motors' Land Rover (Malaysia) is considering building some of the brand's models for sale both domestically and for export to neighbour...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- COMMENT: Volkswagen's Piech got a lot right
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo BlueGT & GTI
- ANALYSIS: VW & Toyota losing the SUV race in China
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- Piech ploy over Winterkorn fail, VW chairman quits
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- BREAKING NEWS: Piëch quits Volkswagen board
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029