INDIA: Tata plans diesel and CNG Nano variants
Tata Motors is planning to introduce diesel and CNG versions of its Nano. Tata Motors' passenger car business unit president Ranjit Yadav said that the Nano which was initially targeted towards two-wheeler consumers who wanted to upgrade, is gradually attracting other segments of buyers as well.
Tata Motors managing director (domestic) Karl Slym told the Economic Times: "Plans in this regard are not on hold. We have talked about both of those variants.... The Nano CNG is within the sight of first half of next calendar year." Slym added that the diesel version might be launched during the second half of 2013.
Yadav said: "The Nano is a category and class by itself. There is enough space to grow in that category. More players in the market means more opportunities for customers to explore."
Sales of the Nano rose 4% last month to 4,004 units compared to 3,868 units in October 2011.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Automotive Engineering Service market in India to grow at a CAGR of 18.22 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global diesel technologies sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover has awarded contracts worth GBP2.8bn (US$4.3bn) to companies worldwide to supply parts for the new F-Type, with over GBP1.5bn ($US2.3bn) placed with suppliers here in th...
Tata Motors has signaled it will delay construction of a regional plant for south-east Asia until its sales reach adequate levels....
Ford has opened its first dealership in Myanmar [once Burma - ed], in the commercial capital of Yangon, following the recent lifting of economic sanctions by the EU and the US....
Maruti Suzuki is the latest Indian automaker to consider setting up a plant in South Africa. The company could use the planned facility for supplying neighbouring markets....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Škoda Octavia estate 4x4
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018