INDIA: Tata plans diesel and CNG Nano variants
Tata Motors is planning to introduce diesel and CNG versions of its Nano. Tata Motors' passenger car business unit president Ranjit Yadav said that the Nano which was initially targeted towards two-wheeler consumers who wanted to upgrade, is gradually attracting other segments of buyers as well.
Tata Motors managing director (domestic) Karl Slym told the Economic Times: "Plans in this regard are not on hold. We have talked about both of those variants.... The Nano CNG is within the sight of first half of next calendar year." Slym added that the diesel version might be launched during the second half of 2013.
Yadav said: "The Nano is a category and class by itself. There is enough space to grow in that category. More players in the market means more opportunities for customers to explore."
Sales of the Nano rose 4% last month to 4,004 units compared to 3,868 units in October 2011.
New to QUBE in the last quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle engine technologies sector, major suppliers, top markets, te...
Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover has awarded contracts worth GBP2.8bn (US$4.3bn) to companies worldwide to supply parts for the new F-Type, with over GBP1.5bn ($US2.3bn) placed with suppliers here in th...
Tata Motors has signaled it will delay construction of a regional plant for south-east Asia until its sales reach adequate levels....
Ford has opened its first dealership in Myanmar [once Burma - ed], in the commercial capital of Yangon, following the recent lifting of economic sanctions by the EU and the US....
Maruti Suzuki is the latest Indian automaker to consider setting up a plant in South Africa. The company could use the planned facility for supplying neighbouring markets....
India's Tata Motors is targeting output growth of 10% in Thailand in the fiscal year ending in March 2014, helped by dealer network expansion and exports to neighbouring markets in south-east Asia....
- THE WEEK - aftermarket player and new products
- Volkswagen counts the cost of 'dieselgate'
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- Autumn facelift beckons for Citroen's Family hit
- TowerSec VP on automotive cyber security - Q&A
- Maserati to double Levante SUV output
- Magna to build aluminium casting facility in UK
- Ford says new Fusion hybrid has 610 miles of range
- just-auto takes a break
- Volkswagen nominates 55 FAST suppliers
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market - forecasts to 2030
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle turbochargers market - forecasts to 2030