NEW DELHI SHOW: Tata chief backtracks on British manager criticism
A year ago Ratan Tata apparently criticised the Brits in a newspaper interview but he said at the Delhi show he was misunderstood.
"What I meant was the cultures are very different and British managers move in a different way to Indians.
"In India we tend to move from one crisis to another and so managers have to respond by working long hours and at weekends. In the UK there is not the need to operate in the same way. There was no intention to criticise the standard of engineering or management."
Tata added there are still plans to introduce the Nano budget car to Europe and the US despite the model's cool response in India.
Here, the Nano has been beset by industrial and quality problems which Tata said are now being ironed out.
He added: "A Nano for Europe and the US would be different to the one we have in India. It will still be low cost but will have to have the levels of comfort and driveability that these markets expect.
"We also have to look at how we sell the vehicle in terms of logistics and establishing a dealer network."
The list of world premieres for the Goodwood Festival of Speed follows. The event ran from 28 June to 1 July inclusive....
Tata Motors and Volkswagen will slow production in Pune this month because of a fall in demand....
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- PSA issues new business plan
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028