NEW DELHI SHOW: Tata chief backtracks on British manager criticism
A year ago Ratan Tata apparently criticised the Brits in a newspaper interview but he said at the Delhi show he was misunderstood.
"What I meant was the cultures are very different and British managers move in a different way to Indians.
"In India we tend to move from one crisis to another and so managers have to respond by working long hours and at weekends. In the UK there is not the need to operate in the same way. There was no intention to criticise the standard of engineering or management."
Tata added there are still plans to introduce the Nano budget car to Europe and the US despite the model's cool response in India.
Here, the Nano has been beset by industrial and quality problems which Tata said are now being ironed out.
He added: "A Nano for Europe and the US would be different to the one we have in India. It will still be low cost but will have to have the levels of comfort and driveability that these markets expect.
"We also have to look at how we sell the vehicle in terms of logistics and establishing a dealer network."
The list of world premieres for the Goodwood Festival of Speed follows. The event ran from 28 June to 1 July inclusive....
Tata Motors and Volkswagen will slow production in Pune this month because of a fall in demand....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- INTERVIEW: Ford Europe COO Barb Samardzich
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global CNG Vehicles Market 2014-2018