THAILAND: Suzuki to restart production in Myanmar
Suzuki Motor chairman and president Osamu Suzuki has said the automaker is seeking approval from Myanmar's government to resume production the country once known as Burma.
Suzuki started manufacturing compact commercial vehicles in Yangon in 1999 and halted production in 2010, the Nikkei reported.
The automaker has decided to stop selling four-wheel vehicles in the US and plans to focus more on the growing Southeast Asian market.
This is the first time the chairman mentioned plans to resume output in Myanmar, the report noted. He said the company has kept engineers there for maintenance services even since halting production. The executive said that if the company is to build a new factory in Myanmar, it will first have to reopen existing plants and train people.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
Operating income at Suzuki Motor increased 21% to JPY144.6bn for the fiscal year to 31 March, 2013 thanks to higher sales in Japan and Asia, and cost reduction....
New Zealand's new commercial vehicle registrations of 2,235 units was the best April result since 1982 when 2,754 were sold, according to the new vehicle trade group....
Car market leader Maruti Suzuki India sold 90,523 units locally in April 2013 for growth of just 0.3% over April 2012....
Maruti Suzuki India financials for the fiscal quarter ended 31 March 2013 included the effect of the merger of Suzuki Powertrain India (SPIL) and results for the full year included a 41% rise in net p...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Škoda Octavia estate 4x4
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- India regulator doles out fines on parts prices
- Delphi sells one millionth ESR
- CHENGDU DEBUTS: Renault Sport R.S. 01
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times