THAILAND: Suzuki to restart production in Myanmar
Suzuki Motor chairman and president Osamu Suzuki has said the automaker is seeking approval from Myanmar's government to resume production the country once known as Burma.
Suzuki started manufacturing compact commercial vehicles in Yangon in 1999 and halted production in 2010, the Nikkei reported.
The automaker has decided to stop selling four-wheel vehicles in the US and plans to focus more on the growing Southeast Asian market.
This is the first time the chairman mentioned plans to resume output in Myanmar, the report noted. He said the company has kept engineers there for maintenance services even since halting production. The executive said that if the company is to build a new factory in Myanmar, it will first have to reopen existing plants and train people.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
Operating income at Suzuki Motor increased 21% to JPY144.6bn for the fiscal year to 31 March, 2013 thanks to higher sales in Japan and Asia, and cost reduction....
New Zealand's new commercial vehicle registrations of 2,235 units was the best April result since 1982 when 2,754 were sold, according to the new vehicle trade group....
Car market leader Maruti Suzuki India sold 90,523 units locally in April 2013 for growth of just 0.3% over April 2012....
Maruti Suzuki India financials for the fiscal quarter ended 31 March 2013 included the effect of the merger of Suzuki Powertrain India (SPIL) and results for the full year included a 41% rise in net p...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- JLR starts Discovery Sport production
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)