THAILAND: Suzuki to restart production in Myanmar
Suzuki Motor chairman and president Osamu Suzuki has said the automaker is seeking approval from Myanmar's government to resume production the country once known as Burma.
Suzuki started manufacturing compact commercial vehicles in Yangon in 1999 and halted production in 2010, the Nikkei reported.
The automaker has decided to stop selling four-wheel vehicles in the US and plans to focus more on the growing Southeast Asian market.
This is the first time the chairman mentioned plans to resume output in Myanmar, the report noted. He said the company has kept engineers there for maintenance services even since halting production. The executive said that if the company is to build a new factory in Myanmar, it will first have to reopen existing plants and train people.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
Operating income at Suzuki Motor increased 21% to JPY144.6bn for the fiscal year to 31 March, 2013 thanks to higher sales in Japan and Asia, and cost reduction....
New Zealand's new commercial vehicle registrations of 2,235 units was the best April result since 1982 when 2,754 were sold, according to the new vehicle trade group....
Car market leader Maruti Suzuki India sold 90,523 units locally in April 2013 for growth of just 0.3% over April 2012....
Maruti Suzuki India financials for the fiscal quarter ended 31 March 2013 included the effect of the merger of Suzuki Powertrain India (SPIL) and results for the full year included a 41% rise in net p...
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- Europe diesel forecasts revised down
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- PSA Peugeot Citroen CEO Carlos Tavares interview
- COMMENT: Where will VW 'emissionsgate' end?
- Prosecutors u-turn on Winterkorn probe
- Volkswagen UK recalls 1.2m group diesels
- Tesla starts Model X deliveries
- New VW CEO replaces PR chief
- China cuts purchase tax on cars
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE glazing market- forecasts to 2030