THAILAND: Suzuki to restart production in Myanmar
Suzuki Motor chairman and president Osamu Suzuki has said the automaker is seeking approval from Myanmar's government to resume production the country once known as Burma.
Suzuki started manufacturing compact commercial vehicles in Yangon in 1999 and halted production in 2010, the Nikkei reported.
The automaker has decided to stop selling four-wheel vehicles in the US and plans to focus more on the growing Southeast Asian market.
This is the first time the chairman mentioned plans to resume output in Myanmar, the report noted. He said the company has kept engineers there for maintenance services even since halting production. The executive said that if the company is to build a new factory in Myanmar, it will first have to reopen existing plants and train people.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
Motorcycle Manufacturing in Spain industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profi...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Compressed Natural Vehicle market in the APAC region to reach 15 million units by 2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is increasing fuel p...
Operating income at Suzuki Motor increased 21% to JPY144.6bn for the fiscal year to 31 March, 2013 thanks to higher sales in Japan and Asia, and cost reduction....
New Zealand's new commercial vehicle registrations of 2,235 units was the best April result since 1982 when 2,754 were sold, according to the new vehicle trade group....
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Scale and mega-platforms
- INTERVIEW: Ford UK fleet director, Phil Hollins
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- GENEVA: Apple launches car iOS
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- JLR reported close to Saudi Arabia factory deal
- GENEVA SHOW: World premieres [final list]
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)