JAPAN: Suzuki aims to secure 30% share in minivehicle market in FY 2013
Suzuki Motor aims to secure a 30% share in the market for minivehicles in Japan in fiscal 2013 starting 1 April in the face of fierce competition from its rivals.
Suzuki's share for minivehicles, with engines of 660 cc or less, dropped below 30% in 2012 for the first time in 19 years, Kyodo News reported. It lags behind Daihatsu, which holds 34.1% and also faces increased competition from Honda.
"Competition is intensifying, but we have been dedicated to minivehicles. We look to sell 580,000 units" in the next business year, Suzuki chairman Osamu Suzuki said at a news conference in Tokyo as the automaker unveiled its new Spacia minivehicle, one of the models the automaker is pinning its hopes on for the sales expansion.
The new model can run 29km on a litre of petrol thanks mainly to its lighter body compared with its predecessor, the Palette.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The analysts in this report forecast the Global Automotive Rear View Mirror market to grow at a CAGR of 7.59 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growt...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts on 30 August at the media preview day of the Chengdu motor show....
Suzuki Motor affiliate Magyar Suzuki has received HUF 207m (US$920,110) in European Union 'support'....
- ANALYSIS: Autonomous cars and interior design
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Driving for fun...
- ANALYSIS: Will the XE work for Jaguar?
- Williams CEO eyes consultancy business expansion
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Celerio and Suzuki's future cars
- UK car market has topped out - Vauxhall chief
- VW autonomous braking slashes insurance claims
- THAILAND/AUSTRALIA: Details of next Toyota Hilux
- Ford Valencia plant to build 400k in 2015
- Bosch transport strategy: "Goes beyond the Hood"