JAPAN: Suzuki aims to secure 30% share in minivehicle market in FY 2013
Suzuki Motor aims to secure a 30% share in the market for minivehicles in Japan in fiscal 2013 starting 1 April in the face of fierce competition from its rivals.
Suzuki's share for minivehicles, with engines of 660 cc or less, dropped below 30% in 2012 for the first time in 19 years, Kyodo News reported. It lags behind Daihatsu, which holds 34.1% and also faces increased competition from Honda.
"Competition is intensifying, but we have been dedicated to minivehicles. We look to sell 580,000 units" in the next business year, Suzuki chairman Osamu Suzuki said at a news conference in Tokyo as the automaker unveiled its new Spacia minivehicle, one of the models the automaker is pinning its hopes on for the sales expansion.
The new model can run 29km on a litre of petrol thanks mainly to its lighter body compared with its predecessor, the Palette.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts on 30 August at the media preview day of the Chengdu motor show....
Suzuki Motor affiliate Magyar Suzuki has received HUF 207m (US$920,110) in European Union 'support'....
Honda Motor Europe's 2.2-litre i-DTEC turbo diesel engine will be phased out and effectively replaced by the new 1.6-litre unit, a spokesman told just-auto....
Honda is claiming a production first for its adaptive damping system for the rear wheels developed for the UK-built Honda Civic Tourer [wagon] on sale in Europe later this year....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Peugeot Fractal added
- BMW launches smartphone wireless charging
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- Toyota restarts Tianjin site after port inferno
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030