JAPAN: Suzuki aims to secure 30% share in minivehicle market in FY 2013
Suzuki Motor aims to secure a 30% share in the market for minivehicles in Japan in fiscal 2013 starting 1 April in the face of fierce competition from its rivals.
Suzuki's share for minivehicles, with engines of 660 cc or less, dropped below 30% in 2012 for the first time in 19 years, Kyodo News reported. It lags behind Daihatsu, which holds 34.1% and also faces increased competition from Honda.
"Competition is intensifying, but we have been dedicated to minivehicles. We look to sell 580,000 units" in the next business year, Suzuki chairman Osamu Suzuki said at a news conference in Tokyo as the automaker unveiled its new Spacia minivehicle, one of the models the automaker is pinning its hopes on for the sales expansion.
The new model can run 29km on a litre of petrol thanks mainly to its lighter body compared with its predecessor, the Palette.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The analysts in this report forecast the Global Automotive Rear View Mirror market to grow at a CAGR of 7.59 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growt...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Compressed Natural Vehicle market in the APAC region to reach 15 million units by 2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is increasing fuel p...
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts on 30 August at the media preview day of the Chengdu motor show....
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW X4
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- Nissan learns from India mistakes
- Opel Group formed within Adam Opel
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- New Cars: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018