JAPAN: Auto sales outlook in China remains dim: Subaru president
The president of Fuji Heavy Industries, maker of Subaru cars, has said its vehicle sales in China will remain sluggish for some time in the wake of anti-Japan protests over a territorial dispute there.
"The situation (in China) is quite severe... I am sure (sales) will recover in the future but it's going to be hard for the time being," Yasuyuki Yoshinaga told a press conference as the automaker announced the launch in Japan of its redesigned Forester SUV.
Kyodo News said Fuji Heavy aims to sell around 195,500 units a year of the new Forester globally but Yoshinaga said the company does not expect the latest model to see strong sales in China for now, but added that growing demand in the United States will likely offset dwindling sales in China, the world's biggest market.
Fuji Heavy saw a 71.7% plunge in its October new vehicle sales in China while demands virtually halved for other major Japanese automakers in the month.
The new Forester will reach the US in late November and other global markets later.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global diesel technologies sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
Vehicle sales growth and currency gains offset by new model launch expenses saw Subaru maker Fuji Heavy Industries boost operating income 173.9% to JPY120.4bn yen for the full year to 31 March, 2013....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for automotive transmission systems in thousand units.The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, L...
Fuji Heavy Industries has announced the Subaru Impreza will be produced in its North American plant beginning in 2016....
The analysts who wrote this report forecast the Global Automotive Transmission Systems market to grow at a CAGR of 5.1 percent over the period 2011-2015. One of the key factors contributing to this ma...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- COMMENT: Russian auto jitters in Crimea poker
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- PRODUCT EYE: Kia pro_cee'd GT
- Jaguar recruits Beckham as China brand ambassador
- Geely to axe domestic brands
- Ssangyong to rebrand and overhaul image
- Car sales in Western Europe up 5.1% in February
- Ford director emeritus, William Clay Ford, dies
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Auto Parts Manufacturing in China