JAPAN: Auto sales outlook in China remains dim: Subaru president
The president of Fuji Heavy Industries, maker of Subaru cars, has said its vehicle sales in China will remain sluggish for some time in the wake of anti-Japan protests over a territorial dispute there.
"The situation (in China) is quite severe... I am sure (sales) will recover in the future but it's going to be hard for the time being," Yasuyuki Yoshinaga told a press conference as the automaker announced the launch in Japan of its redesigned Forester SUV.
Kyodo News said Fuji Heavy aims to sell around 195,500 units a year of the new Forester globally but Yoshinaga said the company does not expect the latest model to see strong sales in China for now, but added that growing demand in the United States will likely offset dwindling sales in China, the world's biggest market.
Fuji Heavy saw a 71.7% plunge in its October new vehicle sales in China while demands virtually halved for other major Japanese automakers in the month.
The new Forester will reach the US in late November and other global markets later.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
Vehicle sales growth and currency gains offset by new model launch expenses saw Subaru maker Fuji Heavy Industries boost operating income 173.9% to JPY120.4bn yen for the full year to 31 March, 2013....
Fuji Heavy Industries has announced the Subaru Impreza will be produced in its North American plant beginning in 2016....
Japan's major carmakers' combined domestic output in fiscal 2012 rose 2.9% over the previous year to 9,055,373 units, passing 9m for the first time in four years....
The government announcement about reducing credit interest rates came as Colombian new car sales fell 23% YTD though month on month sales in March rose 2.9% to 22,888 units, the best month in 2013 so ...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo BlueGT & GTI
- Briefing: GM's OnStar system planned for Europe
- Toyota's plant and product engineering revamp
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- Volkswagen Golf stays top of European tree in Q1
- Lotus celebrates production milestone
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029