JAPAN: Auto sales outlook in China remains dim: Subaru president
The president of Fuji Heavy Industries, maker of Subaru cars, has said its vehicle sales in China will remain sluggish for some time in the wake of anti-Japan protests over a territorial dispute there.
"The situation (in China) is quite severe... I am sure (sales) will recover in the future but it's going to be hard for the time being," Yasuyuki Yoshinaga told a press conference as the automaker announced the launch in Japan of its redesigned Forester SUV.
Kyodo News said Fuji Heavy aims to sell around 195,500 units a year of the new Forester globally but Yoshinaga said the company does not expect the latest model to see strong sales in China for now, but added that growing demand in the United States will likely offset dwindling sales in China, the world's biggest market.
Fuji Heavy saw a 71.7% plunge in its October new vehicle sales in China while demands virtually halved for other major Japanese automakers in the month.
The new Forester will reach the US in late November and other global markets later.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global diesel technologies sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
Vehicle sales growth and currency gains offset by new model launch expenses saw Subaru maker Fuji Heavy Industries boost operating income 173.9% to JPY120.4bn yen for the full year to 31 March, 2013....
Fuji Heavy Industries has announced the Subaru Impreza will be produced in its North American plant beginning in 2016....
Japan's major carmakers' combined domestic output in fiscal 2012 rose 2.9% over the previous year to 9,055,373 units, passing 9m for the first time in four years....
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- COMMENT: Diesel not out in London and Paris
- Management briefing: 48V mild hybrids (2)
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- ANALYSIS: Europe's fragile recovery continues
- Honda chief quits
- Geneva show list updated
- Land Rover updates Evoque
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)