JAPAN: Subaru eyes big boost to US output by mid-decade
Subaru is hitting new sales records in the US market and considering a major expansion to its US output by the middle of the decade.
Yasuyuki Yoshinaga, president of Fuji Heavy Industries, has said in an interview with Kyodo News that Subaru is planning to boost vehicle output in the US by 130,000 units a year to around 300,000 per annum as early as the business year starting April 2016. A final decision on the plan is expected by the end of this year.
The plan would entail increasing output at its existing plant in Indiana and the report said that it is in addition to an earlier announcement that Fuji Heavy will raise its production in the US by 30,000 units to 200,000 units by the summer of 2014.
Subaru of America Inc. is anticipating US sales of over 320,000 vehicles by year-end, Kyodo reported. It has already exceeded last year's 266,989 units, marking record sales for the fourth consecutive year.
“There is strong momentum in sales in the United States," Yoshinaga told Kyodo, adding, "They are likely to exceed 350,000 units in 2013."
Japanese carmakers are looking, where possible, to shift manufacturing activity overseas to offset the headwind provided by the high value of the yen.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Automotive Turbochargers in Thousand Units. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin A...
This report is intended for industrialists, investors, market researchers, legislators and others interested in the large new market now being created for batteries that propel hybrid and pure electri...
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased by 21% to 14,888 units in April, from 12,304 in the same month of last year, according to data released jointly by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturer...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for automotive transmission systems in thousand units.The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, L...
Vehicle sales growth and currency gains offset by new model launch expenses saw Subaru maker Fuji Heavy Industries boost operating income 173.9% to JPY120.4bn yen for the full year to 31 March, 2013....
The analysts who wrote this report forecast the Global Automotive Transmission Systems market to grow at a CAGR of 5.1 percent over the period 2011-2015. One of the key factors contributing to this ma...
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- INTERVIEW: Ford UK fleet director, Phil Hollins
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- GENEVA: Apple launches car iOS
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- GENEVA SHOW: World premieres [final list]
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028