JAPAN: Subaru expects to hit US sales target early
Fuji Heavy Industries now sees itself lifting US auto sales to 350,000 units in fiscal 2013, two years sooner than originally planned, president Yasuyuki Yoshinaga said.
Last year, the firm behind the Subaru brand had targeted fiscal 2015 for sales to reach that figure, a roughly 30% rise from fiscal 2010 levels, the Nikkei reported.
Stronger-than-expected sales of the Impreza will likely help raise Fuji Heavy's US sales to a record 330,000 units in fiscal 2012. Sales are also expected to get a boost from the planned American launch of the redesigned Subaru Forester sport utility vehicle.
"Our products are highly regarded (by US drivers) for safety features and fuel economy," Yoshinaga said.
Fuji Heavy is also thinking about increasing North American output capacity in fiscal 2015 or later.
"We hope to make a decision (on output expansion) by the end of this year," the president said, according to Nikkei.
On the Senkak Islands dispute and sales in China, Yoshinaga said that "we will still target sales of 100,000 units in fiscal 2015."
He added Fuji Heavy is still seeking to set up a Chinese production facility under a joint venture with a local automaker.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased by 21% to 14,888 units in April, from 12,304 in the same month of last year, according to data released jointly by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturer...
Vehicle sales growth and currency gains offset by new model launch expenses saw Subaru maker Fuji Heavy Industries boost operating income 173.9% to JPY120.4bn yen for the full year to 31 March, 2013....
Fuji Heavy Industries has announced the Subaru Impreza will be produced in its North American plant beginning in 2016....
Japan's major carmakers' combined domestic output in fiscal 2012 rose 2.9% over the previous year to 9,055,373 units, passing 9m for the first time in four years....
The government announcement about reducing credit interest rates came as Colombian new car sales fell 23% YTD though month on month sales in March rose 2.9% to 22,888 units, the best month in 2013 so ...
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Takata manipulated test results back to 2000
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030