JAPAN: Subaru expects to hit US sales target early
Fuji Heavy Industries now sees itself lifting US auto sales to 350,000 units in fiscal 2013, two years sooner than originally planned, president Yasuyuki Yoshinaga said.
Last year, the firm behind the Subaru brand had targeted fiscal 2015 for sales to reach that figure, a roughly 30% rise from fiscal 2010 levels, the Nikkei reported.
Stronger-than-expected sales of the Impreza will likely help raise Fuji Heavy's US sales to a record 330,000 units in fiscal 2012. Sales are also expected to get a boost from the planned American launch of the redesigned Subaru Forester sport utility vehicle.
"Our products are highly regarded (by US drivers) for safety features and fuel economy," Yoshinaga said.
Fuji Heavy is also thinking about increasing North American output capacity in fiscal 2015 or later.
"We hope to make a decision (on output expansion) by the end of this year," the president said, according to Nikkei.
On the Senkak Islands dispute and sales in China, Yoshinaga said that "we will still target sales of 100,000 units in fiscal 2015."
He added Fuji Heavy is still seeking to set up a Chinese production facility under a joint venture with a local automaker.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
The analysts who wrote this report forecast the Global Automotive Transmission Systems market to grow at a CAGR of 5.1 percent over the period 2011-2015. One of the key factors contributing to this ma...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Automotive Turbochargers in Thousand Units. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin A...
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased by 21% to 14,888 units in April, from 12,304 in the same month of last year, according to data released jointly by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturer...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global diesel technologies sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
Vehicle sales growth and currency gains offset by new model launch expenses saw Subaru maker Fuji Heavy Industries boost operating income 173.9% to JPY120.4bn yen for the full year to 31 March, 2013....
Fuji Heavy Industries has announced the Subaru Impreza will be produced in its North American plant beginning in 2016....
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- COMMENT: Has ZF fired M&A starting gun with TRW?
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Nissan learns from India mistakes
- Fiat denies merger talks with VW
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- New Cars: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018