SPAIN: Strong C4 Picasso demand boosts PSA output
Car production at PSA Peugeot-Citroen's largest Spanish factory in Vigo soared 70% between January and July as the plant worked at full steam to make the strong-selling Citroen C4 Picasso C-segment MPV/minivan.
The 10,000-worker Vigo factory makes both five-door and seven-seat versions of the C4 Picasso which is selling strongly in Europe.
The factory built Job One last autumn and is now churning out 2,300 units daily, helping the plant to a total of 194,667 units in the seven-month period.
In July, Vigo produced 81.7% more cars than in the same month last year.
Vigo also makes the Citroen Berlingo and Peugeot Partner van models.
Between Vigo and Villaverde, PSA Peugeot-Citroen made 34% more cars in Spain than in the same period in 2006.
Meanwhile, Spain's total car production rates are also rising.
Output jumped 5.5% to 1.57m vehicles in the first half, providing a boon to the country's struggling auto industry.
Spain expects to keep its crown as Europe's third largest automobile manufacturer - at least in the medium term - despite growing competition from producers in Eastern Europe, according to industry ob...
Mitsubishi Motors will export US-built sports cars to the Middle East this summer and China from next October, company president Osamu Masuko has said....
It would have been nice if Ford and Tata had decided to end all the speculation and announce a firm deal for the former to sell the latter Jaguar and Land Rover during this week's Geneva motor show. B...
Peugeot will rationalise its estate car (station wagon) range when it launches its new 308 cargo carrier....
Nissan is planning an all-new, sub-Micra city car for launch in Europe in the early part of the next decade....
Motor Shows are always glitzy affairs and this year's 78th international show in Geneva is as glitzy as ever. In the background to this year's show are industry concerns over recession in the US, high...
PSA Peugeot-Citroen sees weakness in Britain and Spain dragging down the European car market in 2008....
Peugeot will not be going for the hot hatchback market with the 308 GT THP 175 unveiled at Geneva....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- COMMENT: Volkswagen's Piech got a lot right
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo BlueGT & GTI
- ANALYSIS: VW & Toyota losing the SUV race in China
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- Piech ploy over Winterkorn fail, VW chairman quits
- And now (drum roll), the Suzuki Boosterjet engine
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029