SOUTH KOREA: Ssangyong shows year on year growth
Indian-owned South Korean carmaker Ssangyong posted year on year growth of 6.3% in 2012 with sales of 120,717 units, led by strong home market growth.
Sales in South Korea totalled 47,700 units driven by strong volumes of the Korando C and Sports SUVs.
The company, owned by tractor and utility vehicle specialist, Mahindra & Mahindra, reported that exports for 2012 were flat at 73,017 units with almost 40% of shipments, 32,328 units, going to Russia - the first time the company has booked annual exports of over 30,000 to a single country.
CEO Lee Yoo-il said Ssangyong would further increase global sales through a differentiated marketing strategy and reinforced export product line.
Last month Ssangyong sold 11,871 vehicles (5,365 domestic and 6,506 exports), up 37% over December 2011.
Hyundai Motor June sales rose 8.2% year on year in June thanks to solid sales in overseas markets....
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Commercial Vehicle market in India to grow at a CAGR of 15.02 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the incr...
Mahindra Group and CIE Automotive have signed an agreement between the Indian company's component businesses - held under its Systech Sector - and the Spanish operation also involving its subsidiary A...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Automotive Engineering Service market in India to grow at a CAGR of 18.22 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth...
SUV maker Mahindra and Mahindra has made its first push into India's small car market to compensate for increasing competition in the 4x4 market....
Hyundai has reported a 10% year on year jump in global car sales for May 2013....
Mahindra & Mahindra has introduced its XUV500 SUV in Chile....
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid
- ASEAN vehicle market down almost 10% in 2014
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- Ford 2014 operating profit plunges $2.3bn
- "Bumps and dents" for some driveable Hoegh cars
- GENEVA DEBUTS: Opel Corsa OPC & VW Golf GTD estate