SOUTH KOREA: Ssangyong shows year on year growth
Indian-owned South Korean carmaker Ssangyong posted year on year growth of 6.3% in 2012 with sales of 120,717 units, led by strong home market growth.
Sales in South Korea totalled 47,700 units driven by strong volumes of the Korando C and Sports SUVs.
The company, owned by tractor and utility vehicle specialist, Mahindra & Mahindra, reported that exports for 2012 were flat at 73,017 units with almost 40% of shipments, 32,328 units, going to Russia - the first time the company has booked annual exports of over 30,000 to a single country.
CEO Lee Yoo-il said Ssangyong would further increase global sales through a differentiated marketing strategy and reinforced export product line.
Last month Ssangyong sold 11,871 vehicles (5,365 domestic and 6,506 exports), up 37% over December 2011.
Hyundai Motor June sales rose 8.2% year on year in June thanks to solid sales in overseas markets....
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Commercial Vehicle market in India to grow at a CAGR of 15.02 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the incr...
Mahindra Group and CIE Automotive have signed an agreement between the Indian company's component businesses - held under its Systech Sector - and the Spanish operation also involving its subsidiary A...
SUV maker Mahindra and Mahindra has made its first push into India's small car market to compensate for increasing competition in the 4x4 market....
Hyundai has reported a 10% year on year jump in global car sales for May 2013....
Mahindra & Mahindra has introduced its XUV500 SUV in Chile....
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services to extend auto retail finance to its prospective customers....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: It's good news week....
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Defender
- Briefing: Vehicle connectivity technologies (1)
- First Solihull Jaguar leaps into production
- GKN claims world first for integrated FCA AWD
- Shanghai show debuts list updated
- Regulator fines Deloitte over MG Rover failures
- GERMANY: Mazda outsells Nissan as Qashqai crashes
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029