SOUTH KOREA: Ssangyong shows year on year growth
Indian-owned South Korean carmaker Ssangyong posted year on year growth of 6.3% in 2012 with sales of 120,717 units, led by strong home market growth.
Sales in South Korea totalled 47,700 units driven by strong volumes of the Korando C and Sports SUVs.
The company, owned by tractor and utility vehicle specialist, Mahindra & Mahindra, reported that exports for 2012 were flat at 73,017 units with almost 40% of shipments, 32,328 units, going to Russia - the first time the company has booked annual exports of over 30,000 to a single country.
CEO Lee Yoo-il said Ssangyong would further increase global sales through a differentiated marketing strategy and reinforced export product line.
Last month Ssangyong sold 11,871 vehicles (5,365 domestic and 6,506 exports), up 37% over December 2011.
Hyundai Motor June sales rose 8.2% year on year in June thanks to solid sales in overseas markets....
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Commercial Vehicle market in India to grow at a CAGR of 15.02 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the incr...
Mahindra Group and CIE Automotive have signed an agreement between the Indian company's component businesses - held under its Systech Sector - and the Spanish operation also involving its subsidiary A...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Automotive Engineering Service market in India to grow at a CAGR of 18.22 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth...
SUV maker Mahindra and Mahindra has made its first push into India's small car market to compensate for increasing competition in the 4x4 market....
Hyundai has reported a 10% year on year jump in global car sales for May 2013....
Mahindra & Mahindra has introduced its XUV500 SUV in Chile....
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The August harvest...
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Volvo Cars hails new engineering architecture
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times