RUSSIA: Sollers starts Land Cruiser assembly for Toyota
Sollers-Bussan has begun assembly of Toyota's Land Cruiser Prado [Colorado] SUV at its plant in Vladivostok, Russia. Initial production capacity is around 1,000 vehicles a month.
Toyota is supplying assembly components as well as maintaining a product-quality management support structure that includes quality control training and personnel support. Vehicles assembled by Sollers-Bussan are to be shipped mainly via the Trans-Siberian railway and sold through the automaker’s dealer network in Russia.
Toyota itself assembles the Camry for Russia at a plant in St Petersburg.
"With the start of Land Cruiser Prado assembly in Russia, TMC aims to better meet Russian consumer needs," the automaker said.
Sollers-Bussan is based in Vladivostok, Russia and was established in August 2010 as a 50-50 JV between Mitsui and Sollers. It employs 300.
Moscow-based Sollers itself dates back to March 2002 and handles domestic brands UAZ and ZMZ as well as operating various JVs to assemble and distribute Ford, Ssangyong, Isuzu, Mazda and other foreign brands in Russia.
Toyota Tsusho Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
Toyota Tsusho Corporation - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis,...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028