RUSSIA: Sollers starts Land Cruiser assembly for Toyota
Sollers-Bussan has begun assembly of Toyota's Land Cruiser Prado [Colorado] SUV at its plant in Vladivostok, Russia. Initial production capacity is around 1,000 vehicles a month.
Toyota is supplying assembly components as well as maintaining a product-quality management support structure that includes quality control training and personnel support. Vehicles assembled by Sollers-Bussan are to be shipped mainly via the Trans-Siberian railway and sold through the automaker’s dealer network in Russia.
Toyota itself assembles the Camry for Russia at a plant in St Petersburg.
"With the start of Land Cruiser Prado assembly in Russia, TMC aims to better meet Russian consumer needs," the automaker said.
Sollers-Bussan is based in Vladivostok, Russia and was established in August 2010 as a 50-50 JV between Mitsui and Sollers. It employs 300.
Moscow-based Sollers itself dates back to March 2002 and handles domestic brands UAZ and ZMZ as well as operating various JVs to assemble and distribute Ford, Ssangyong, Isuzu, Mazda and other foreign brands in Russia.
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
Discounting will remain fierce in the European car industry until sales volume picks up, according to Ford Europe sales chief Roelant de Waard....
Ford is fitting rear inflatable safety belts in the 2014 Fusion (European equivalent is the Mondeo, due out in 2014), claiming a segment first....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche Panamera 4S
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- PARIS DEBUTS: Renault EOLAB concept
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Bosch taking over EPS JV with ZF
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)