RUSSIA: Sollers starts Land Cruiser assembly for Toyota
Sollers-Bussan has begun assembly of Toyota's Land Cruiser Prado [Colorado] SUV at its plant in Vladivostok, Russia. Initial production capacity is around 1,000 vehicles a month.
Toyota is supplying assembly components as well as maintaining a product-quality management support structure that includes quality control training and personnel support. Vehicles assembled by Sollers-Bussan are to be shipped mainly via the Trans-Siberian railway and sold through the automaker’s dealer network in Russia.
Toyota itself assembles the Camry for Russia at a plant in St Petersburg.
"With the start of Land Cruiser Prado assembly in Russia, TMC aims to better meet Russian consumer needs," the automaker said.
Sollers-Bussan is based in Vladivostok, Russia and was established in August 2010 as a 50-50 JV between Mitsui and Sollers. It employs 300.
Moscow-based Sollers itself dates back to March 2002 and handles domestic brands UAZ and ZMZ as well as operating various JVs to assemble and distribute Ford, Ssangyong, Isuzu, Mazda and other foreign brands in Russia.
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
Discounting will remain fierce in the European car industry until sales volume picks up, according to Ford Europe sales chief Roelant de Waard....
Ford is fitting rear inflatable safety belts in the 2014 Fusion (European equivalent is the Mondeo, due out in 2014), claiming a segment first....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)