RUSSIA: Sollers starts Land Cruiser assembly for Toyota
Sollers-Bussan has begun assembly of Toyota's Land Cruiser Prado [Colorado] SUV at its plant in Vladivostok, Russia. Initial production capacity is around 1,000 vehicles a month.
Toyota is supplying assembly components as well as maintaining a product-quality management support structure that includes quality control training and personnel support. Vehicles assembled by Sollers-Bussan are to be shipped mainly via the Trans-Siberian railway and sold through the automaker’s dealer network in Russia.
Toyota itself assembles the Camry for Russia at a plant in St Petersburg.
"With the start of Land Cruiser Prado assembly in Russia, TMC aims to better meet Russian consumer needs," the automaker said.
Sollers-Bussan is based in Vladivostok, Russia and was established in August 2010 as a 50-50 JV between Mitsui and Sollers. It employs 300.
Moscow-based Sollers itself dates back to March 2002 and handles domestic brands UAZ and ZMZ as well as operating various JVs to assemble and distribute Ford, Ssangyong, Isuzu, Mazda and other foreign brands in Russia.
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
Discounting will remain fierce in the European car industry until sales volume picks up, according to Ford Europe sales chief Roelant de Waard....
Ford is fitting rear inflatable safety belts in the 2014 Fusion (European equivalent is the Mondeo, due out in 2014), claiming a segment first....
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda Civic Type R & VW Passat GTE
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Renault moves UK Duster production to Romania
- Opel/Vauxhall issues 'do not drive' warning
- Ford's Americas chief sees 17m light vehicle sales
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report