RUSSIA: Sollers starts Land Cruiser assembly for Toyota
Sollers-Bussan has begun assembly of Toyota's Land Cruiser Prado [Colorado] SUV at its plant in Vladivostok, Russia. Initial production capacity is around 1,000 vehicles a month.
Toyota is supplying assembly components as well as maintaining a product-quality management support structure that includes quality control training and personnel support. Vehicles assembled by Sollers-Bussan are to be shipped mainly via the Trans-Siberian railway and sold through the automaker’s dealer network in Russia.
Toyota itself assembles the Camry for Russia at a plant in St Petersburg.
"With the start of Land Cruiser Prado assembly in Russia, TMC aims to better meet Russian consumer needs," the automaker said.
Sollers-Bussan is based in Vladivostok, Russia and was established in August 2010 as a 50-50 JV between Mitsui and Sollers. It employs 300.
Moscow-based Sollers itself dates back to March 2002 and handles domestic brands UAZ and ZMZ as well as operating various JVs to assemble and distribute Ford, Ssangyong, Isuzu, Mazda and other foreign brands in Russia.
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
Discounting will remain fierce in the European car industry until sales volume picks up, according to Ford Europe sales chief Roelant de Waard....
Ford is fitting rear inflatable safety belts in the 2014 Fusion (European equivalent is the Mondeo, due out in 2014), claiming a segment first....
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The August harvest...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Volvo XC70
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Volvo Cars hails new engineering architecture
- JLR reveals special operations UK site
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times