GERMANY/US: Siri will talk to Mercedes drivers (but only via a 4S)
- Siri only on iPhone 4S supported in Mercedes vehicles from spring 2013
- Updated Digital DriveStyle app hardware and software also available from spring
Daimler's Mercedes-Benz has launched integration of Siri, Apple’s 'intelligent assistant' that allows users voice access to apps, into the new E-Class but only for drivers using the iPhone 4S and not the recently released iPhone 5.
To use Siri while driving, owners connect an iPhone 4S using the 'Drive Kit Plus' option. Once connected, phone content is accessible via the vehicle's display screen using the new in-house developed app.
Drive Kit Plus hardware and software will be available from spring 2013, Mercedes said as it launched the new technology at a consumer electronics show in Las Vegas.
A future version will support Apple's Siri Eyes Free mode.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive connectivity sector, major applications, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use thi...
A total of 12,790 imported cars were sold in South Korea in June, up 20.9% on the same month last year but down 4.6% on May, the Korea Automobile Importers and Distributors Association said....
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Automotive market in Turkey to grow at a CAGR of 8.4 percent over the period 2011-2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the Turkish Gover...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- PRODUCT EYE: Porsche 911 Turbo
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- COMMENT: Beijing wants a greener auto sector
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: Global debuts list
- Ford Mulally successor announcement expected
- Golf off Ford CEO Mulally's next-move list
- GM restructures global engineering
- GERMANY: First four-cylinder Porsche since 1995