GERMANY/US: Siri will talk to Mercedes drivers (but only via a 4S)
- Siri only on iPhone 4S supported in Mercedes vehicles from spring 2013
- Updated Digital DriveStyle app hardware and software also available from spring
Daimler's Mercedes-Benz has launched integration of Siri, Apple’s 'intelligent assistant' that allows users voice access to apps, into the new E-Class but only for drivers using the iPhone 4S and not the recently released iPhone 5.
To use Siri while driving, owners connect an iPhone 4S using the 'Drive Kit Plus' option. Once connected, phone content is accessible via the vehicle's display screen using the new in-house developed app.
Drive Kit Plus hardware and software will be available from spring 2013, Mercedes said as it launched the new technology at a consumer electronics show in Las Vegas.
A future version will support Apple's Siri Eyes Free mode.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive connectivity sector, major applications, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use thi...
A total of 12,790 imported cars were sold in South Korea in June, up 20.9% on the same month last year but down 4.6% on May, the Korea Automobile Importers and Distributors Association said....
Audi has introduced the RS 5 Coupe in India at a price of INR9.53m (US$159,950) (ex-showroom Mumbai). The automaker has decided to raise prices of its models by up to 3% to protect its margins as the ...
- ANALYSIS: Hyundai axes Veloster, goes after Toyota
- Review of 2014 (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Bleak Christmas ahead for some
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 2
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 1
- Ford union to block "even a screwdriver" at Genk
- JLR research removes blind spots
- Genk mayor organises "loudest shift" as Ford exits
- NHTSA lists Ford, Jaguar and Porsche recalls
- Bye, Chrysler, hello FCA US
- Global light diesel vehicles market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029