SPAIN: Seat to idle Martorell plant for one week in August – report
Volkswagen's Seat subsidiary will shut its Martorell plant's 'number 2' assembly line for one week beginning August 29 to reduce its stock of the Altea and Toledo models, Spanish newswire Europapress reported, citing company trades unions.
Seat's 15,000-strong Martorell factory near Barcelona, Spain, makes the Altea and Toledo models.
The action, which will take place on June 29, 30, 31 and September 1, 2, 5 and 6, is necessary to reduce the stock of unsold models, trades unions were reported as saying.
Seat has also introduced a new car-distribution plan called Sistema de Distribucion Seat (SDS) to further curb the models' numbers, the newswire added.
Seat did not immediately return phone calls. The company's trade union representatives could not be reached.
Seat stopped the Altea's line for 10 days in April in a prior effort to reduce the sport crossover's stock and adjust the plant for the production of the new Seat Leon, Europapress added.
This year sees a record number of new models - not mere facelifts - destined for UK showrooms. For carmakers, it should give a boost to flagging sales on the back of increased use of platform sharing....
Volkswagen's core VW Brand Group narrowed its first-quarter loss as cost-cutting effects from its 'ForMotion' cost reduction programme offset declining car sales, Europe's largest carmaker said on Fri...
Volkswagen of Brazil has begun exporting the Brazilian-made Saveiro compact pick-up to Taiwan, its first deal with the country....
Volkswagen AG first-quarter profit has almost tripled, ending two years of declines, as a result of cost cuts and increased sales of Audi-brand models....
VW's Spanish offshoot Seat seems determined to make all its cars look alike, if the first 'official' pictures of the new Leon that will make its public debut at the Barcelona motor show next May is an...
Volkswagen is set to replace the leadership of its Chinese operations with the vice-president of its Skoda unit in the Czech Republic, Winfrid Vahland....
Volkswagen South Africa will invest 750 million rand ($US119.7 million) in a new paint shop at its Eastern Cape factory to boost capacity for domestic and export sales, the company told Reuters on Mon...
Volkswagen reportedly has abandoned its costly effort to develop a 'super-economy car', admitting that there is no mass market for the product even at current high petrol prices....
- Kia K900 knocks on big brands' door
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2015MY Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian
- Daimler - Q2 results insight
- Global light vehicle market developments
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Results season again
- Jaguar Land Rover buys British classic cars hoard
- New alloy developed for new Jag
- JLR China cuts prices amid anti-trust probe
- Tata Motors to assemble in Venezuela
- Union puzzled no buyer for Unipart Automotive
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029