SOUTH KOREA: Schreyer appointed first non-Korean president at Kia
The family 'tiger nose' grille is also prominent on latest Kia cee'd
Peter Schreyer, Chief Design Officer at Kia Motors, has been appointed as the brand's president - the first non-Korean to hold that title in the company's history.
Schreyer, 59, joined Kia in 2006 from the Volkswagen Group to create a new design-led product strategy for the brand and became known for the "tiger nose" family look on Kia models.
Kia says that since then the design team has unveiled a line of 'exciting concept cars and dramatic new products including the latest Sportage, the new cee'd family and larger models for sale in the Korean domestic and some overseas markets such as Optima, K7 and Quoris as well as mass-market models such as Picanto and Rio'.
Kia says that in 2013 the last volume product in Kia's range to come under his design philosophy - Carens - is due to be unveiled, complete with the Schreyer-inspired family look as well as the first sporty model to be added to the cee'd range.
Schreyer, a German national (originally from Bavaria) cut his teeth in Volkswagen Group's design team and contributed to the distinct appearance of several VW and Audi models including the Passat and the Audi TT.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Volkswagen does not expect European sales volumes to increase at any point during the next few years as overall economic gloom continues to grip the Continent....
Chinese carmaker Huachen Auto is poised to incorporate the latest engine technology from European partner BMW into its sedans and sport utility vehicles - a move analysts said would give it the upper ...
Singapore-based investment holding company, Gallant Venture, is offering to buy out minority investors in Indomobil Sukses International in an effort to consolidate control of one of Indonesia's large...
Kia's first sporty hatchback, the pro_cee'd GT, goes on sale next week but already the company's UK operation is clamouring for similar performance and styling upgrades to be applied to other models i...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- PSA issues new business plan
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- NYIAS DEBUTS: Multiple updates after 1st Media Day
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM HR and comms chiefs quit
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global electrified light vehicles market 2007 to 2018