PHILIPPINES: Sales up 2% in October
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased 12.1% to 15,081 units in October, from 13,456 units in the same month of last year, according to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CAMPI).
Cumulative sales for the January-October period were up 7% to 26,663 units. The association put the buoyant market conditions down to continued economic growth and rising incomes, as well as normalisation of vehicle inventories after the earlier disruption due to the floods in Thailand last year.
As the middle of the year gets closer, the the European automotive marketplace isn't getting any easier. By last year, Western Europe's car market had lost 3m units since its 2007 peak (a heady 14.8m...
Vehicle sales by General Motors (GM) and its joint ventures in China increased 15.3% year on year last month to an April record of 261,870 units.Vehicle sales by General Motors (GM) and its joint vent...
General Motors (GM) is recalling 42,904 units of model year 2012 and 2013 Buick LaCrosse and Regal, and model year 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco vehicles equipped with eAssist [mild hybrid] because the ge...
Sales of new cars in Germany, Europe's biggest market, grew 3.8% to 284,400 vehicles last month compared with 273,900 in April 2012. It was the first increase for six months and the biggest since Dece...
- COMMENT: ADAS rollout comes with human issues
- COMMENT: Why the VW Touareg Hybrid had to die
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Driving for fun...
- ANALYSIS: Will the XE work for Jaguar?
- ANALYSIS: Autonomous cars and interior design
- Chinese brands have failed to catch on in Brazil
- London coming back on motor show circuit
- Marchionne merger overtures to GM's Barra rebuffed
- Finally, Ford's Mustang is 'official' for Europe
- Volvo China plant starts US exports